• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nolan Arenado rumor

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t buy it though

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I checked just about every sports site out there and not a single one of them have anything regarding this rumor, not even in the slightest. I woulda thunk something this big with such ramifications would be all over the internet, yet not a thing about it. So until there are multiple sources reporting on this, I'm calling April Fools.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Stone has basically been the White Sox spokesperson and quickly got on Twitter to shoot it down.

We have a 3rd baseman and moving Moncada back to 2nd doesn't make sense unless Madrigal is apart of an Arenado deal.

Also, those who are so sold on Arenado's greatness should look into his numbers outside of Coors. None too pretty. He is still a great 3rd baseman and probably a "good" hitter. But that's not worth his contract.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Stone has basically been the White Sox spokesperson and quickly got on Twitter to shoot it down.

We have a 3rd baseman and moving Moncada back to 2nd doesn't make sense unless Madrigal is apart of an Arenado deal.

Also, those who are so sold on Arenado's greatness should look into his numbers outside of Coors. None too pretty. He is still a great 3rd baseman and probably a "good" hitter. But that's not worth his contract.
i agree about his worthlessness ... but it IS something the sox would do!

but i'll add .277/20/48 isn't "none too pretty" imo.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems legit.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like anyone can make a twitter account these days and pretend to have "knowledge"

Lemiwinks31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a waste, unless they dont think madrigal will pan out. Moncada was a below average 2B and an above average 3B. Arenado is probably only a small upgrade over Moncada(if he is an upgrade at all, taking away Coors)

Madrigal seems to project to an ideal leadoff hitter, they dont have that right now.....(they have plenty of righty power)

They are going to have to spend $$ to sign Giolito, Moncada, Kopech, etc in the coming years. They are a small market team playing in a big market(they are bottom half in revenues)

I think this would be a mistake long term.

Lemiwinks31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its most likely bullshit, because it doesnt make a lot of sense. I'm hoping its bullshit.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a waste, unless they dont think madrigal will pan out. Moncada was a below average 2B and an above average 3B. Arenado is probably only a small upgrade over Moncada(if he is an upgrade at all, taking away Coors)

Madrigal seems to project to an ideal leadoff hitter, they dont have that right now.....(they have plenty of righty power)

They are going to have to spend $$ to sign Giolito, Moncada, Kopech, etc in the coming years. They are a small market team playing in a big market(they are bottom half in revenues)

Excellent post and I wholeheartedly agree. It's one thing to talk about Nolan's numbers outside of Coors, which is a legit concern. But to me the elephant in the room is that monstrous contract. Altho we're in pretty decent shape for the next few years, there will come a time when we either retain our better players with what will likely be huge extensions or let them walk, the latter of which would be especially true if we take on Arenado's behemoth contract.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait for the Mike Trout and Garret Coles rumors - on being seen with Riensdorf on the Navy Pier Farris Wheel together. Which - as an optimistic White Sox fan - I actually believe will really happen.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait for the Mike Trout and Garret Coles rumors - on being seen with Riensdorf on the Navy Pier Farris Wheel together. Which - as an optimistic White Sox fan - I actually believe will really happen.

Mike Trout would make a great backup to Luis Robert in CF ;)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can probably fit one big contract in at some point over the next couple of off-seasons. But this should not be where we shoot our load. Agreed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't think anyone ever bought that shit. That account was just right about the Mookie trade and was probably trying to piggy back off of it to gain followers.

Honestly, they probably BS'd the Mookie thing and got lucky too.