• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Surgery for Hossa

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news on that front. But as we all know, backs can be tricky. Especially in cases where a disk is involved (bulging), a flare up or recurrence is always a possibility.

Since Hossa has so many years left on his contract, wondering if a buyout or "retirement" may be in his future after next season.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retirement is a real concern. The nice thing about the roster being so strong, Hawks being in a weak division, and the focus being on the postseason is that they'll be able to rest the 30+ crowd more than they probably should be able to.

Hossa turns 35 in January and has 3 more years making 2.6+ above his cap hit. Hawks are facing just under 10million in recapture right now over the course of 7 years, it will move to 12+ over 6 after this year. The Hawks are out of compliance buyouts.

Fortunately, if Hossa wasn't such a competitor, I think we would have seen it by now. I think he'll finish on LTIR before just retiring and leaving the Hawks with a recapture penalty. I really Hossa, and I think he has 2 or 3 more effective years left and I'm glad he's going to heal up.