• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Problem going In

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know our defense had some pathetic stretches, but we also had some stupid play calling and time management issues that helped in those big losses. So, I agree we can be competitive for making the playoffs with a little improvement. My biggest concern since we let Ware go was a pass rush. If we don't get a pass rush we will be hard pressed to have any success, but maybe we just send numbers and do it that way. Heck, I'd think about blitzing Church and Carter more often than not since neither can cover anyway....

Big Ware fan but we are replacing an often injured Ware. Not the pro-bowler we loved. I do hope he stays healthy and has a great year in Denver.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying, and yet....many cowboy fans post nothing but worst in football, 600 yards a game, 40 points allowed and should we on side kick every time. FUCK...where the hell is fried? Least he supported the statements.

I look forward to this season. Last year it was the Washington fans and this year it seems to be most of the cowboy fans
As noted earlier, we lost some quality D guys...who did we pick up to make the D better?

Last year Dallas was the worst in yards per game (415), 7th worst in points allowed per game (27), 2nd in yd per play (6.1), 3rd in 3rd dn conversion allowed (43%).

I'm all for them getting better, and better days are definitely ahead (using my rose-colored glasses), but until JJ gets his act together or takes it out of there, I don't hold much promise.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"JJ gets his act together"

don't hold your breath.
Tell death do us part has always been my motto

I understand last year. I just think it seldom defines the next year. Nothing about this team should be assumed.....maybe Dez & Smith but nothing else should. I hold faith in laste August and seldom swayed by a preseason game

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"who did we pick up to make the D better?"

who? Well is it about who we picked up? If so, then I'd say Melton if right is better than Hatcher. The other two dlinemen filling a rotation as visioned by this teams defensive coaches.

But...it's more about playing better...as in Mo, Carr, Church, Wilcox. It's about Crawford making a himself known. It's spencer playing 10/12 games and showing some flashes. It's the 2nd round pick getting in the mix and making plays in the second half. It's Carter doing something. It's a whole lotta if's and unknowns, but I trust Rod's judgment and expect the best...least in August I do and I think I'm as level headed cowboy poster there is. What I don't understand is a fan never posting a positive about the team this coming season and hashing the sports headlines about last year. That isn't at you, but it DEFINES a couple of these new found cowboy fans and their hot sports opinions on all that is Dallas 2014.

You sure Washington is defensively better? NYG?,,philly?
I'm not. I know the experts think it's a lock.

Truth be told, there are a handful of quality defenses in this league. The game has evolved to offense and it's called that way. It's not a field position game week in and week out. I trust these professional coaches were embarrassed last season, as some players. I don't expect as bad this season....not in August I don't....as a fan, I see the glass half full

It's clear I've made the point and many can come back and tell me how wrong I was, and there are some that will do just that. I remain fine with the statements.

Go Cowboys

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"who did we pick up to make the D better?"

who? Well is it about who we picked up? If so, then I'd say Melton if right is better than Hatcher. The other two dlinemen filling a rotation as visioned by this teams defensive coaches.

But...it's more about playing better...as in Mo, Carr, Church, Wilcox. It's about Crawford making a himself known. It's spencer playing 10/12 games and showing some flashes. It's the 2nd round pick getting in the mix and making plays in the second half. It's Carter doing something. It's a whole lotta if's and unknowns, but I trust Rod's judgment and expect the best...least in August I do and I think I'm as level headed cowboy poster there is. What I don't understand is a fan never posting a positive about the team this coming season and hashing the sports headlines about last year. That isn't at you, but it DEFINES a couple of these new found cowboy fans and their hot sports opinions on all that is Dallas 2014.

You sure Washington is defensively better? NYG?,,philly?
I'm not. I know the experts think it's a lock.

Truth be told, there are a handful of quality defenses in this league. The game has evolved to offense and it's called that way. It's not a field position game week in and week out. I trust these professional coaches were embarrassed last season, as some players. I don't expect as bad this season....not in August I don't....as a fan, I see the glass half full

It's clear I've made the point and many can come back and tell me how wrong I was, and there are some that will do just that. I remain fine with the statements.

Go Cowboys

Being optimistic doesn't make you any more of a fan than anyone else on this board, including the ones that think our D will be the worst in the NFL. We all HOPE they play well, but when your team has perhaps the worst overall personnel in the league, it's not pessimistic to think our D is going to be terrible, it's being realistic. Our D was the worst Cowboys D ever last year, our 3 best defensive players, Lee, Hatcher and Ware are gone, and our best DB is suspended 4 games. Oh, and the only defensive player we took in the first three rounds is out half the season. Heck Yeah Man, looks just great. Maybe Mo and Carr will have bounce back seasons....here's the rub...in today's NFL, you could have Prime Time and Rod Woodson at corner, and you're still getting torched if you have NO pass rush. Maybe Coach Rod can coach them up. Here's hoping he can

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You sure Washington is defensively better? NYG?,,philly?
I'm not. I know the experts think it's a lock"

46 for 250 from such a running juggernaut too
imagine if Dallas's defense gives this up in a preseason game.

yep...........so many outstanding defenses in today's NFL
Dallas is doomed

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You sure Washington is defensively better? NYG?,,philly?
I'm not. I know the experts think it's a lock"

46 for 250 from such a running juggernaut too
imagine if Dallas's defense gives this up in a preseason game.

yep...........so many outstanding defenses in today's NFL
Dallas is doomed
I wouldn't say doomed, but it sure doesn't look very promising from this view...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Mo is healthy for week 1. Don't want to go into the season with both he and Scandrick out.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Mo is healthy for week 1. Don't want to go into the season with both he and Scandrick out.

Mo always has something nagging it seems. /

I read the other day that we only had 7 DLinemen healthy right now- thats why they signed Minter. At the start of camp it was 17, 18??? I know a couple were already injured.

I think thats why we will be better. Instead of playing guys on Sunday that showed up 3 days before, it will actually be guys that have been here all year. These young guys are getting so many reps because of injuries. The rotation thing will matter as well.
The Scandrick thing hurts- because to me the secondary is the strength of our defense or should be anyway. Of course like UK said if you cant get a pass rush then it wont matter . Thats why I think we do what some one else said and send the house everyonce in a while.

Someone early in the season said Rod is Rod and wont change. If he doesnt change then I think we will be the worst defense in the league. Its time to blitz and man up with our DBs.