• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No More Divisions?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Video: Top Videos: NBA considers losing divisions - CBSSports.com

I brought this up a few days ago this is the best way to fix the West and E-League discrepancy.

He brought up a good point that you want LBJ or your top players to play in LA, NY and in this case Cleveland more.

In the future I could see this being a problem when no team from the East gets into the playoffs and nobody west of Texas gives a shit about the NBA.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it makes more sense in the NFL. My Colts are backing into a playoff game and will have one at home. Frankly, they are great lads and have done their best under very difficult conditions, but with their current depleted roster, they really have no business getting a playoff game at home. Likely they will play a team with a better record and lose when they do.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry. The Texans will knock them off and give the Titans the title.

Haha....

I made a funny.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry. The Texans will knock them off and give the Titans the title.

Haha....

I made a funny.

I would not surprised. Wade is auditioning for the HC job and the Colts are in shambles. However, seems we already have clinched the division. Which kinda goes to my point.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Video: Top Videos: NBA considers losing divisions - CBSSports.com

I brought this up a few days ago this is the best way to fix the West and E-League discrepancy.

He brought up a good point that you want LBJ or your top players to play in LA, NY and in this case Cleveland more.

In the future I could see this being a problem when no team from the East gets into the playoffs and nobody west of Texas gives a shit about the NBA.

Wait, are we talking divisions or conferences?
Doing away with divisions does not change who gets in the playoffs (except maybe one extreme case once in a while) or East/West disparity. Getting out of playing the divisions so much may get more games against teams in the conference that are not in your division; so major markets would see stars not in their division more often. That and you wouldn't have a 4 seed with a 7 seed record.
Getting rid of conferences is a completely different thing.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, are we talking divisions or conferences?
Doing away with divisions does not change who gets in the playoffs (except maybe one extreme case once in a while) or East/West disparity. Getting out of playing the divisions so much may get more games against teams in the conference that are not in your division; so major markets would see stars not in their division more often. That and you wouldn't have a 4 seed with a 7 seed record.
Getting rid of conferences is a completely different thing.

I thought both because like you said just divisions is almost worthless other than the extra freedom it allows for scheduling.

rewatched it and wow I think they are only talking about divisions :L

Since money is the NBA's top concern I do not think they are going to do away with Conferences or Divisions because they want to give every chance for the NY teams and Boston teams and even the LA teams to make it to the playoffs. In a few years maybe it will be the Miami teams that need help getting into the playoffs.

I wonder where competitive integrity comes in on the NBA's list?

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The divisions are pointless...I check the standings each day and never look at the division standings...only the conference standing...im thinking im not the minority here.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at them to laugh at the atlantic division, one of those teams is going to get first round home court.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at them to laugh at the atlantic division, one of those teams is going to get first round home court.

No they won't. Division winner will get the #4 seed, but HCA is by record. If the 5 seed has a better record (likely), they will get home court.

It still beats being the #7 seed and facing the Heat.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they won't. Division winner will get the #4 seed, but HCA is by record. If the 5 seed has a better record (likely), they will get home court.

It still beats being the #7 seed and facing the Heat.

Huh, then that is kind of hilarious that they have divisions. They really are almost worthless and when you factor in the scheduling restrictions they are a negative.

I think they do away with them in the short future...except Toronto is going to be really strong in a few years, Boston probably too. NYK and Brooklyn will at least always spend money so this could blow over but it still makes sense to get rid of divisions.