• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No HUNH failed, so now they try to limit full-contact?

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why stop there? When I was 19 I was just entering the Marines. I had three years of full contact war before I ever got to college. In the meantime my friends were being brutalized playing football at OU and other schools where football "is just a cruel meat grinder to exploit the players". I vote we just outlaw all forms of violence and enjoy the paradise our liberal betters want to impose on everyone. Now where do I go for my free cheese and Obama phone?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article on this and it said teams don't go full contact in practice during the season that much anyway and the rule would have very little effect. The ones that would be affected the most would most likely be the teams that the coaches have decided are soft or they want to send a message and even that is typically a short term period.

We read it and think they are killing the game but after reading the article it actually seemed like a non-issue. I would like the article but I found a link of twitter and now can't find the stupid tweet I pulled it from.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future of american football

images

Meanwhile, in australia......

images

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future of american football

images

Meanwhile, in australia......

images

Yea- THANK YOU!

We already have the slowest-moving, most-protected product known throughout the world as "football," and we haven't found enough ways to make our version of it suck more?

I say, take off all that armor...

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL can afford to write a check for 700 million
That was 700 million for a league with 32 teams with 53 man rosters.

Division-1A football alone has 120 schools with 80+ man rosters.
Any concussion settlement in NCAA would be astronomical.

And the NCAA institutions would be hard pressed to scratch a 700 million dollar check like the NFL.
That is peanuts to the NFL. But, it is a ton of scratch for schools that sometimes can barely stay functional.

Heck, the NFL lawsuit is already being re-visited.
The judges are possibly looking to take that 700 million and double it.

CONCUSSION related lawsuits have now established precedent.
The NCAA would be idiotic to not explore measures to protect against future legislation.

Don't get mad at Football.
Get mad at the 10,000 people who graduate law school every year.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admit the dangers and have them sign a waiver.

Problem solved.

Include an incentive clause that if you do get fucked up, medical costs will be taken care of by a combined effort of the ncaa, the schools and the NFL. Afterall, they are the flagship of American Football, they should pay their fair share for injuries sustained.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admit the dangers and have them sign a waiver.

Problem solved.

Include an incentive clause that if you do get fucked up, medical costs will be taken care of by a combined effort of the ncaa, the schools and the NFL. Afterall, they are the flagship of American Football, they should pay their fair share for injuries sustained.

wait....so some kid in college that would never see the field on a NFL team gets injured player college football...and the NFL needs to pay for medical costs? What about a kid in peewee league? should the NFL pay for that?
and why did they sign a waiver if the medical costs would be covered? what are you trying to incentivize?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait....so some kid in college that would never see the field on a NFL team gets injured player college football...and the NFL needs to pay for medical costs? What about a kid in peewee league? should the NFL pay for that?
and why did they sign a waiver if the medical costs would be covered? what are you trying to incentivize?

A partnership.

The NFL sponsors kids programs to get the kids excited about exercising and playing football.

Don't be naïve. They are basically recruiting.

Just admit, if you play football, you could get fucked up. To be honest, who didn't already know that? Now for those that play long term its more mental than physical so just own up to it.

They can help pay for cost for massive head trauma injuries to college players. Not all or half, but contribute, fuck afterall they are tax exempt.

Not all players are getting fucked up, but some are. Lets not act like every person who plays football will suffer brain damage. That's so damn liberal and fear mongering.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a concussion in high school. I kept practicing. Why? Because I wanted to play some fucking grown man football. I'm sick and tired of these spoiled rotten pussies coming out of high school and these so called "grown" men bitching about injuries and filing lawsuits on injuries and promoting "likenesses" in video games.

I had a partially torn ligament in my knee and a dislocated hip, but I would never try to sue my high school or any football association for my injuries. If you aren't playing football for the love of the game, you shouldn't be playing at all. Pussies need to stay off the field and stay at home with mom.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit playin' football after high school, cuz that shit hurts. But I'll pay good money to watch other motherfuckers play. I'll pay more when they're better, thanks to practicing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a concussion in high school. I kept practicing. Why? Because I wanted to play some fucking grown man football. I'm sick and tired of these spoiled rotten pussies coming out of high school and these so called "grown" men bitching about injuries and filing lawsuits on injuries and promoting "likenesses" in video games.

I had a partially torn ligament in my knee and a dislocated hip, but I would never try to sue my high school or any football association for my injuries. If you aren't playing football for the love of the game, you shouldn't be playing at all. Pussies need to stay off the field and stay at home with mom.

I tend to agree with this. If you don't know that you can get hurt playing football when you first go out for a team. You figure it out pretty quick on the first day in pads.

They say that what we used to call "getting your bell rung" are actually concussions. If that's the case, I've had a few. Plus, of course, the daily aches and pains that can be traced back to playing football. I wouldn't change a thing. Loved playing and would never consider suing my old high school or college over it.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Saint Johns University head coach John Gagliardi who was just honored this past December at the College Football Awards show was successful with very short practices and no full-go contact in practice (resulting in fewer injuries). He is College football's all time leader in wins with a record of 489-138-11 (.775) collegiate record in 64 seasons and a 465-132-10 (.774) record in 60 season's at St. Johns, including a 362-99-9 (.780) record in MIAC games. Gagliardi's 64 years of collegiate coaching is the most in college football history, surpassing the old record of 57 years held by former University of Chicago and University of the Pacific coach Amos Alonzo Stagg (1890-1946). He was the first active head coach to be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame (Class of 2006) and received the American Football Coaches' Association (AFCA) Amos Alonzo Stagg Award in 2009. He coached four national championship teams (1963, 1965, 1976 and 2003), and made the 2000 national title game. His teams reached the national semifinals six other times (1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 2001 and 2002). As a collegiate coach, Gagliardi's teams won 30 conference titles (including three in four seasons at Carroll, Mont., from 1949-52) and appeared in 58 post-season games.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Saint Johns University head coach John Gagliardi who was just honored this past December at the College Football Awards show was successful with very short practices and no full-go contact in practice (resulting in fewer injuries).

"What a fucking pussy."
--real men like Sabanator

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, this already happens in the nfl.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Saint Johns University head coach John Gagliardi who was just honored this past December at the College Football Awards show was successful with very short practices and no full-go contact in practice (resulting in fewer injuries). He is College football's all time leader in wins with a record of 489-138-11 (.775) collegiate record in 64 seasons and a 465-132-10 (.774) record in 60 season's at St. Johns, including a 362-99-9 (.780) record in MIAC games. Gagliardi's 64 years of collegiate coaching is the most in college football history, surpassing the old record of 57 years held by former University of Chicago and University of the Pacific coach Amos Alonzo Stagg (1890-1946). He was the first active head coach to be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame (Class of 2006) and received the American Football Coaches' Association (AFCA) Amos Alonzo Stagg Award in 2009. He coached four national championship teams (1963, 1965, 1976 and 2003), and made the 2000 national title game. His teams reached the national semifinals six other times (1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 2001 and 2002). As a collegiate coach, Gagliardi's teams won 30 conference titles (including three in four seasons at Carroll, Mont., from 1949-52) and appeared in 58 post-season games.

.....and still couldnt break into the big boy leagues