• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

no free agent signings are u ok with that?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if we get a WR in the 1st round? Then we'd have Crabtree, rookie, Williams, possibly Ginn or Morgan back.

Not good enough?

crabtree and morgan are basically back ups or should be. sanu would possibly be an upgrade, but i wouldn't be too happy getting him with a 1st.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crabtree and morgan are basically back ups or should be. sanu would possibly be an upgrade, but i wouldn't be too happy getting him with a 1st.

I like sanu right now, but yea i wanna see how he performs at the combine before thinking about him for a 1st rounder.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We can't start next season with two of Crabs, Morgan, rookie as our starting WRs. That would be a failure imo.

It's not my first choice, but I could live with it. In some ways I'd rather do that than break the bank for a big-name WR. Davis and Walker will be used more than they were last year. I'm sure we'll either add another WR or see Byham return and play a somewhat larger role in the passing game. If we take a rookie at 30, retain Morgan, and add a couple lower-priced guys I think we're in tolerable shape.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been stated many times that the FO has set prices already on certain guys and if it gets to high they end discussion. I dont see us laying out big bicks for a WR but we will probably get the 2nd tier guys. I think they will resign Morgan and look to sign someone like Garcon/Manningham/henderson and adding a couple bodies via the draft. Let crabs, FA, morgan, Drafted players, bogan and everyone else battle it out.

Also wouldnt be at all suprised if they went after a guy like wells or fleener int he draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd rather re-sign Brooks and not the rest of those players mentioned (depending on how much money he wants). I've been saying for a while he's the Niners' most valuable FA.

wouldn't go this far but did think Brooks is more valuable than this board is giving him credit for?

but today i read Baalke fully expects Aldon to start, so now i'm satisfied they like his run stopping potential. as such, Baalke doesn't have to force Brooks or other free agent. granted he does need to find vet depth, there's no assurances Aldon is good from game 1.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Clyde's idea of Courtney Upshaw. Chances are very slim that he would be there, but Brooks asking for 8 mil per year is bullshit.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Upshaw would be a good replacement; I'd prefer Perry though. Slim chance either is there @ 30.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its been stated many times that the FO has set prices already on certain guys and if it gets to high they end discussion. I dont see us laying out big bicks for a WR but we will probably get the 2nd tier guys. I think they will resign Morgan and look to sign someone like Garcon/Manningham/henderson and adding a couple bodies via the draft. Let crabs, FA, morgan, Drafted players, bogan and everyone else battle it out.

Also wouldnt be at all suprised if they went after a guy like wells or fleener int he draft.

does look this way as Maiocco (?) also wrote. i'm ok if this means not forcing any player.

do hope we add one receiver who's GOOD in short range, someone who separates quicker.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Clyde's idea of Courtney Upshaw. Chances are very slim that he would be there, but Brooks asking for 8 mil per year is bullshit.

brooks musta looked at the wrong line on the stats sheet and thought willis' numbers were his

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brooks musta looked at the wrong line on the stats sheet and thought willis' numbers were his

His agent is probably telling him he's worth more than he is. He held the edge this year in run support, but Manny did the same thing the year prior.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent is probably telling him he's worth more than he is. He held the edge this year in run support, but Manny did the same thing the year prior.

i cant count how many times brooks got burned in coverage. i really dont see any team giving him 4 mil let alone 8.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see us re-sign Manny as opposed to giving Brooks anything more then 3 mil. I completely disagree with Sick's assessment that Brooks is our most valuable FA. Brooks may have been our most well rounded OLB but that still doesn't make him great. I would venture to say that Manny would have posted similar numbers or better in Fangio's system....and is lightyears ahead in coverage. Can you imagine Manny covering with Willis and/or Bowman free to blitz more?!? Wow.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dre I think you should've been watching Brooks more closely this season. He played great. His sack numbers weren't up there with Aldon's, but he was getting tons of pressure and stopping teh run extremely well.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I DID watch him closely. Manny, when he was given the chance to go after the QB, did a good job in a far less aggressive system last year. He held the point of attack in the run very well and is HUGELY better then Brooks in pass coverage. So yes, I stand by my statement. And after reading Brooks is asking for 8 mil.....buh bye.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Suppose the following happens:

1) we let Brooks walk

2) we re-sign all the other starting free agents from last year (Alex, Carlos, Goldson, etc.)

3) we do NOT go after any other free agents

4) we build in the draft and grab a OLB, WR in the 1st and 2nd, and then CB and all the other needs in the later rounds.

Would you be happy with this?

I think I would be ok with it.

No. The 49ers need wide receivers and O linemen who can contribute right away.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No. The 49ers need wide receivers and O linemen who can contribute right away.

yes, we always HOPE our draft picks contribute right away. but now our draft slot is 30th versus the 6th, 7th, 10th, 11th, of past seven years.

how much contribution is reasonable this season?