• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks added to their running back depth Wednesday, signing Christine Michael, head coach Pete Carroll announced.

Michael, Seattle’s second-round pick in 2013, was traded to Dallas before the start of the 2015 season. He appeared in five games with the Cowboys, rushing 15 times for 51 yards, then was waived last month and signed to Washington’s practice squad.

Michael appeared in 14 games in two seasons with the Seahawks, rushing 52 times for 254 yards, primarily serving as Seattle’s third back behind Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin.

Carroll said Monday that the Seahawks want to keep veteran back Fred Jackson in his current role of playing primarily on third down and in hurry-up situations—Jackson had seven carries following Thomas Rawls’ injury Sunday while DuJuan Harris, who was waived Tuesday, had 18—so it’s likely Michael and Bryce Brown, who was re-signed this week, will compete for the first and second-down carries. Carroll also said fullback Derrick Coleman could factor in at running back. Coleman, who played running back at UCLA, gained 19 yards on his only carry at Baltimore.

Seattle Seahawks Sign Running Back Christine Michael

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this as a depth/worst case scenario signing. I honestly don't think he's going to play much.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christine Michael is what I expected to happen when Harris was cut. He'll only see significant playing time if something happens to Brown IMO.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christine Michael is what I expected to happen when Harris was cut. He'll only see significant playing time if something happens to Brown IMO.

I concur. ^^^^^

I heard this story about practice on KJR.
Said it was a no helmet day, and Michael left the field to go get his green neon hat from the locker room.
Missed some reps. Dude just don't get it.
They also mentioned that Michael thought 'he had arrived' and things would just be handed to him.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, I called this in the Rawls thread when we found out he was gone for the year. Signing CM makes sense as a bandaid solution for a couple games. We bring back a guy familiar with the offense and familiar with Russel. He will be gone as soon as Lynch returns. No big deal.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m ok with this... He's familiar with the offense ... Also he's gonna play in a rotation roll anyway... Once Lynch is back we'll be fine... Still sucks that Rawls got hurt though... @#$^#@ that kid was ballin... would a loved a Rawls, Lynch combo in the playoffs...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we will see how this works out. One thing I'm sure of Chrisine Micheals is one happy guy right now. Watching him in the Cowboy game made me chuckle. He was helping Seahawks players up. Patting them on the butt, etc. Obviously missed his team mates. Maybe, just maybe this works out. Not holding my breath thou.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we can expect from this is a new unique dynamic to our offense! The backfield pass blocking and turnover margin should increase two fold, and Christine brings a unique shift to the style of plays we call, moving our offense to a Tecmo Bowl variety, where we simplify the offense and call 4 plays. This might seem detrimental at first, but this simplified offense could confuse defenses as well as the elusive Christine, which should result in both the offense and defense having zero clue what Seattle will call! I for one am excited and anticipate close games and nail biting activity right till the end!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the most that comes of this is we go back to totally butchering the guy's name a lot more than when he's not on the team.

But of course I hope he just explodes and is the new reason people point at to say why RW made it to another SB.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, I called this in the Rawls thread when we found out he was gone for the year. Signing CM makes sense as a bandaid solution for a couple games. We bring back a guy familiar with the offense and familiar with Russel. He will be gone as soon as Lynch returns. No big deal.
Meh, sort of. If it was Jeopardy, you would have lost for not getting the name right. ;)

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really people? Michaels > Harris

I agree, I'd much rather have Michael. Hell, in the end, we pick up a draft pick from Dallas just for the rights for them to have him a few weeks. I'm not a pessimistic about Michael as some are (which is funny, because I didn't like the pick to begin with). He'll be just fine in the role that he'll play. Even as bad as Cleveland is against the run, I don't see Brown going over 20 touches - him not being in football all year - so Michael could see 10 touches or more, and I just don't think Harris had the explosiveness to give us what Michael will.

I know everyone is concerned about his fumbles, but Michael has only fumbled once in a game that counted. In the end, I'd rather have Turbin, but I'm not disappointed by this by any means.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I'd much rather have Michael. Hell, in the end, we pick up a draft pick from Dallas just for the rights for them to have him a few weeks. I'm not a pessimistic about Michael as some are (which is funny, because I didn't like the pick to begin with). He'll be just fine in the role that he'll play. Even as bad as Cleveland is against the run, I don't see Brown going over 20 touches - him not being in football all year - so Michael could see 10 touches or more, and I just don't think Harris had the explosiveness to give us what Michael will.

I know everyone is concerned about his fumbles, but Michael has only fumbled once in a game that counted. In the end, I'd rather have Turbin, but I'm not disappointed by this by any means.

Brown fumbles at a higher rate than Michaels does. Brown averages around 40 touches per fumble ( he has 29 this year with a fumble ) Michael's has fumbled once like you said in 67 touches. So yeah Brown is a big time fumbler if people are going to bash Michaels for fumbling they better go hide their faces this Sunday :P just saying is all.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown fumbles at a higher rate than Michaels does. Brown averages around 40 touches per fumble ( he has 29 this year with a fumble ) Michael's has fumbled once like you said in 67 touches. So yeah Brown is a big time fumbler if people are going to bash Michaels for fumbling they better go hide their faces this Sunday :P just saying is all.

Brown hasn't played this year, so that's not entirely correct. And, yes, Brown has been a fumbler in the past - but including the fumble last year he's still only had the one in his last 182 touches. We'll see what happens - but Andy Reid's last year in Philly was just horrible for fumbles for the entire team (something like 37) and that's when Brown had his 4 (3 in their Carolina & Dallas games). I hope that fumbling doesn't rear it's head the last 3 games, but we'll just have to see.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the most exciting news, but when you lose your top two guys, your third option is more of a pass catcher than a runner in your offense and the 4th guy you tried was so "meh" that you cut him loose to bring in two more guys, you're lucky if one of those guys knows how you do things and can be plugged in right away. With both Brown and Michael, you have guys that have been here before, know the rest of the guys and the offense that we run and can be plugged in right away. In a "take what you can get" situation like this, this is probably the best case scenario. I still don't think Michael will see a lot of action, but Carroll has said in the last day or so that they're gonna go with the hot hand, which is kinda how I thought they'd do it, so we'll see.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a solid and logical move.

I don't get the OPs revulsion at this signing.

Well, it would be great if Michael could play at a junior high level. Put the freak'n ball in your LEFT hand when you run to the LEFT!

michaelseahawks.jpg

:gaah:

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choices in the free agent Market n December are very limited. Pete and John know exactly what they are getting into with Christine, plus he knows our playbook.