• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nnamdi Asomugha

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network seems to think he may be cut.

If you were Bill, would you put in a claim for him? Give him a try?

I could almost see him not cutting it in Philly on the "Dream Team", but San Fran gave him a legitimate shot, they were in the SB last year and stand a better than most of going back this year.

So would you put in a claim?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would, just to see what he has in the tank. If it is a personality issue with Harbaugh, Bill would straighten that out.
Aquib, Dennard, and Asomugha Sound scary, especially if Nnamdi is hungry and on his game. If he's not...snip snip he gets cut again, twice in one year. If he is hungry and on his game, he would give some serious insurance for an Aquib loss in FA.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was a steal for SF when they got him and am honestly not sure exactly what the issue there was. I'm not convinced he just magically became awful, and if he is available on the cheap I find it hard not to give him a shot unless you are really sure of who you have there.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just magically became awful. I can see putting the claim in, but wouldn't expect anything.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I wouldn't be against finding him a roster spot for a week or two to verify it, though. I don't blame him for his Philly time so in my mind it comes down to what happened in SF. It does appear they are acting as much out of relatively reasonable strength at the position and not as a result of something too terrible, although he clearly hasn't performed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have a hard time believing it, considering how good he was a few years ago, but since 2011, he has been awful.

I wouldn't mind kicking the tires - like I said, I can still barely believe it - but it's a long shot that he could perform.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw he is still decent as a nickel back, but something is off, he isn't the guy that he was in Oakland. I can't remember if it was the Seattle game or the Indianapolis game but he did the strangest thing on a go/fly route along the sideline. He never looked back for the ball, and what should have been an easy PD or maybe INT turned into a PI because he played the WR instead of the ball.

If it matters though, he didn't get replaced because he sucked. He wasn't a shutdown corner, but he wasn't someone that was picked on either. He got injured and then Brock stepped up and had some great games against the Texans and Rams to steal the job.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny how every time a player gets cut, is rumored to be cut or asks for a trade Patriot fans on this board seem to think BB should give him a look. As far as I can see the secondary is fine if there are needs they are at LB and TE. So no I would not, but I did hear George Blanda is making a come back you all think BB should give him a try?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny how every time a player gets cut, is rumored to be cut or asks for a trade Patriot fans on this board seem to think BB should give him a look. As far as I can see the secondary is fine if there are needs they are at LB and TE. So no I would not, but I did hear George Blanda is making a come back you all think BB should give him a try?

I see your point, but the secondary had been a week point for several years.
One reason I brought him up is because he used to be feared and there may be the possibility that he still has that talent in him. That he, Talib and Dennard could be a defensive version of Moss, Welker and Stallworth in '07.

Another reason...somebody started a thhread that it was dead around here...to which I diddn't respond.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then I looked to see who started that thread...

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh.

Attachments

• facepalm.jpg
    facepalm.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 112

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mojo....Have you seen anybody around here that is a "thread-killer"?