• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLDS Pirates vs. Cardinals

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
before the season, if you told me this would the Pirates' season, I would have been ecstatic...but now? completely disappointed.

But hey...it was one hell of a series and nothing but a tip of the hat to the Cards organization and their fans! Good luck with LA.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To hear Kurkjian, McCarver, Olney, Brenamann, etc. tell it, a catcher has never hit a baseball before. I'm so sick and tired of hearing all the gushing praise for Yadier. I fantasize about being BP and punching Yadier in his neck tattoo. :frusty:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
before the season, if you told me this would the Pirates' season, I would have been ecstatic...but now? completely disappointed.

But hey...it was one hell of a series and nothing but a tip of the hat to the Cards organization and their fans! Good luck with LA.

The way the season ended, the electric playoff game with the Reds, taking the Cards to the max - it all adds up to allot of good for your club, man. And unlike teams like the Orioles who mortgaged the farm on this season, you guys are STACKED.

I'm ALREADY excited about the NL Central next season. When do pitchers and catchers report again? :D

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cards earn it though. They don't buy it. You have to respect that.

Exactly. Why do people ate them? Cuz they were underdogs, shocked the Phil's and freese went to beast mode?

Or last year. Lose Albert and sneak in to compete and almost win NLCs

They are hated because they develop and reload to win do or die games? Ok.

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great series pirate fans. You guys have a hell of a baseball team and will without a doubt be contenders again next year.

Second that. I know people seem to think we Cardinals fans are a cocky bunch, but I was more nervous about this game than I was for any other game since Games 6 and 7 in the 2011 World Series. As you said earlier- these teams were back and forth all through the season- and they were pretty evenly matched in a best-of-five series that took all five games to decide. Naturally I'm happy to see the Cardinals return to the NLCS for the third year in a row, but I know Pittsburgh and Cincinnati are going to be in the thick of it for some time to come.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To hear Kurkjian, McCarver, Olney, Brenamann, etc. tell it, a catcher has never hit a baseball before. I'm so sick and tired of hearing all the gushing praise for Yadier. I fantasize about being BP and punching Yadier in his neck tattoo. :frusty:

The Cardinal team, their fans have no control over what other people say about them on TV. No one is paying them or holding a gun to their heads to make those statements. Hate them....not the team. So many childish reactions, it is amazing......