• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners trade conditional 2015 4th to BUF

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just surprised that the niners didn't trade one of their picks this year for him. They almost have too many picks to find roster spots for them all

My guess is that they follow their MO, which is to use the picks on injured players with high upside like CB Aaron Colvin from OKLA and redshirt them on IR for the season in order to allow them to soak up the scheme, lift and get stronger, and compete the following year. We did that this year with Carradine, Lattimore, Dial, and an OT whose name I can NEVER spell correctly.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just surprised that the niners didn't trade one of their picks this year for him. They almost have too many picks to find roster spots for them all

Brandon Thomas is a perfect example of that. Iupati's potential replacement will be redshirted this year and available if Iupati chases the almighty dollar.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

You're right, I guess I was kind of adding to your stats.

I also have to say, it's been enjoyable having adult conversations with Niners fans. It usually ends up with a troll (from one of our teams) killing a thread, glad you guys are on our board! :suds:
Well, one of us has given a thumbs down on every SF post.
Heck, none of the SF fans give me a thumbs down vote when I post on their board.:noidea:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Terrific trade by the 49ers. I have to wonder how they are going to split the receptions between Crabtree, Boldin and Johnson though since the 49ers don't really run many 3 WR sets.

They're not going to suddenly stop being a power running team but I believe/hope you'll see far more 3 WR sets this season.

This past season especially the playoff games should've been a wake up call for them in that they can't just bring out a bunch of big boys and power the running game through brute force. That works against average to bad defenses but against great defenses that are focused on stopping the run it winds up being a stalemate at the line and the back not having much to work with.

So they'll need to be able to attack the air if a defense loads up to stop the run and they need multiple targets to be able to find some success against a secondary like Seattle to put as much pressure on them as possible.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a side note to this thread, I noticed DonyellFreak decided to neg every single post that I or other Niner posters made on this thread. Is there a reason or is he simply being a dick? I'm not one that cares about the thumbs up/thumbs down thing too much at all, just curious as to the reasoning. Is he trying to let us know passive aggressively that we aren't welcome or something?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one of us has given a thumbs down on every SF post.
Heck, none of the SF fans give me a thumbs down vote when I post on their board.:noidea:

Oh, you just addressed that. My bad. Didn't read the post.