• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners in the Rankings

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gb, bal and ne should be top 3 imo

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the BS he wrote about Bobby Carpenter. Dude is starting because of injury and had an INT for TD in his first start. And nothing special since. Now he's suddenly a player? He was horrible against us and could have easily prevented the Walker TD.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think I would put us as 4 and while I do like the love I think 2 is too high and top 3 to me should be GB, Bal, NE.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think there's a reasonable argument that we're #2. Only loss came in OT. Blew out a 4-2 division leader at home. Beat a 5-1 division leader (when we played them) on the road. I think NE and Baltimore are the better teams, but we're starting to look pretty legit. Especially if Smith and Smith keep it up on D. I can say without any hint of sarcasm that we might have the best front-seven in football by the end of the season. Definitely the best ILB duo, arguably the best DE pair (3-4), and Aldon and Brooks are playing very well off the edges.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think there's a reasonable argument that we're #2. Only loss came in OT. Blew out a 4-2 division leader at home. Beat a 5-1 division leader (when we played them) on the road. I think NE and Baltimore are the better teams, but we're starting to look pretty legit. Especially if Smith and Smith keep it up on D. I can say without any hint of sarcasm that we might have the best front-seven in football by the end of the season. Definitely the best ILB duo, arguably the best DE pair (3-4), and Aldon and Brooks are playing very well off the edges.

I would put San Diego slightly above the 49ers as well.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would put San Diego slightly above the 49ers as well.

I think I would put SD behind us right now.

I mean they are 4-1 but their wins are from Min, KC, Miami, and Denver and the only game they won by more than a TD was Miami and that was only 10 points. Those teams have a total of 4 wins between them.

We've had a far more difficult schedule and circumstances to overcome to get 5-1

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to assume he only has the 49ers at #2 because he had the Lions at #2 last week. I don't care about his rankings, but he had some nice individual praises after the "power rankings"

San Francisco P Andy Lee. In a field-position game, Lee's punts landed at the Detroit 33, 18, the end zone, 11, 9, 28, 9 and 8. A superb day, whether the Niners won or not, and the fact they won made it an easy award to give.

San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh. Forget whatever the league makes of the postgame exuberance with Jim Schwartz. Any coach who can have a team of new players for seven weeks, players he's never coached before, and boast of a 5-1 record in his first NFL coaching job, with win three Eastern Time Zone games in 22 days ... well, that guy can coach for my team any time.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we don't read too many of the press clippings the next couple of weeks. Stubbing our toe in Cleveland would be dumb..

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think I would put SD behind us right now.

I mean they are 4-1 but their wins are from Min, KC, Miami, and Denver and the only game they won by more than a TD was Miami and that was only 10 points. Those teams have a total of 4 wins between them.

We've had a far more difficult schedule and circumstances to overcome to get 5-1

Good points. I think San Diego is a good team and would give the 49ers all they could handle. I think you make a good case for putting the Niners above the Chargers though.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we don't read too many of the press clippings the next couple of weeks. Stubbing our toe in Cleveland would be dumb..

i think the bye week comes at the perfect time. a week to get refocused before what should be a blowout game. without the bye i would be a bit scared of a letdown

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The only team I think we would lose to right now is the Packers. I'm not saying the others wouldn't beat us but if we were playing against them none of them are guaranteed losses like years before. So why shouldn't we be number 2?

Z-Comeback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Not sure if it is just a typo, but we get to play Cleveland at home.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think the bye week comes at the perfect time. a week to get refocused before what should be a blowout game. without the bye i would be a bit scared of a letdown

Agreed. The bye week makes me less worried about a let down against the Browns. It will have been two weeks since they got to hit someone and they will be rarin' to go I bet.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the BS he wrote about Bobby Carpenter. Dude is starting because of injury and had an INT for TD in his first start. And nothing special since. Now he's suddenly a player? He was horrible against us and could have easily prevented the Walker TD.

I noticed he took a bad route to him on that play as well. If i was a Detroit fan i would be hating this guy right now.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put us at 5 behind Green Bay, New England, Baltimore, and the Saints. I may put the Steelers ahead of us as well, but if we are going on a weekly basis i think 5 is a good spot for us to be. Hell, I don't remember the last time there was even a possibility for us to be that high.