• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Williams

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Williams is going to be brought up from the practice squad. First thought is that he will be given punt rerun duties. Should he also see some snaps in the slot? I'd like to see what he could do. If he can contribute, it might make our offseason acquisition priorities different.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will definetly get the punt and Kick return duties.....I am excited to see what he can do...Maybe give us that spark....we have been looking for and needing all year on teams.....as far as the offense goes......I dont see him getting alot of playing time...Moss is Proven...and Shannahan likes him...now if for some reason, we get a lead and the game is ours.....I could see him getting some snaps.....I dont know that they would trust him yet to play....knowing that he has to see what RGIII sees, and runs the correct route based on those things....

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Moss is proven. But there is a real possibility that Moss won't be back next year. If not, we need to replace him. It would be very beneficial to know if Williams is capable of playing the slot in the NFL before FA starts in the offseason. We don't have to do it this game. But if we lose to the Eagles, I see no reason not to give him some snaps. He, and any of our young guys (Gettis, Compton, Jenkins), need to be evaluated over a series of games and against different competitors, not just one.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss and Morgan ARE gone next year. Its funny that we are paying these guys of total of 8 mil this season and have done jack shit this year. Anybody would be an upgrade on punt returns. Morgan is just bad. One of the worst FA signings of all time. I cant see Williams getting WR time over Robinson or Moss. If that is the case then Robinson is in trouble too.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Robinson is definitely in a troubled situation. He has had opportunity, but has not consistently performed. They may give him one more year, but don't be surprised if he doesn't get beat out by a rookie or 2nd year WR next year for the #5 spot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss and Morgan ARE gone next year. Its funny that we are paying these guys of total of 8 mil this season and have done jack shit this year. Anybody would be an upgrade on punt returns. Morgan is just bad. One of the worst FA signings of all time. I cant see Williams getting WR time over Robinson or Moss. If that is the case then Robinson is in trouble too.

moss nor morgan will be back at the current prices . and robinson could be in trouble too but as a 5th or 6th guy he may stick

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson doesn't play enough to really see what he can do. Why is Moss on the field and Robinson is not? Doenst make sense to me. Moss doesn't offer this team anything.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson doesn't play enough to really see what he can do. Why is Moss on the field and Robinson is not? Doenst make sense to me. Moss doesn't offer this team anything.

robinson hasnt "taken the job " bottom line in games , practice etc you have to show you are the better option .

right now rightly or wrongly they trust moss

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Robinson hasn't show anything to take Moss' job. Being small and quick doesn't automatically make you a good slot receiver. Right now Robinson has one move, run fast straight down field.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moss plays the slot...he's quicker than he is fast. That's what makes the slot. Robinson is a blazer, much like Anthony Armstrong was. Fast is easy to beat if that's all they have.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson has also shown no inclination to go over the middle to make tough catches. Moss has done this many times and it is a requirement of a slot receiver. They live in LB territory so they will take hits.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant develop if you don't play. There is no reason Moss should play ahead of Robinson. Moss already has 3 drops including a TD. Robinson should be the 4th option on this team behind Garcon, Reed, and Hank.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he cant block its funny that he is in when we run. has anyone else noticed that?

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Robinson is a pretty good blocker, which is why he doesn't leave the field when the redskins run the ball. It's probably the only thing keeping him on the team, year after year, because as a previous poster said, he runs pretty much one route well -the "go" route.

Since the redskins offense is essentially all about misdirection, having one wr that comes in to ONLY run go routes, is a dead give away that a pass is coming.

This is why the chargers lost to the redskins: when Matthews is in, they are running a large majority of the time, and when wood head is in, they were passing a large majority of the time.

Tendencies will kill you.

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he cant block its funny that he is in when we run. has anyone else noticed that?

I'm not sure there's a point to be made here. Sure he is in on some running plays. You can't pass every time he is in there or it tips the defense off on what's happening. Just like Jordan Reed will be in on running plays with Paulsen on the bench. Would I rather have Reed blocking? No way.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Fan of Nick Williams. Has that Edleman, Amendola type talent...and, maybe one day...Welker.