• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Vannett a Bronco

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with using Fant some in the slot, but I think we need 5 WRs we feel we can run out there and they can produce on any given Sunday. Winfree May be one of these guys and I keep forgetting about him as he didn’t play a ton last year. He is an unknown with potential.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with using Fant some in the slot, but I think we need 5 WRs we feel we can run out there and they can produce on any given Sunday. Winfree May be one of these guys and I keep forgetting about him as he didn’t play a ton last year. He is an unknown with potential.

Oh I agree still need 5 viable WR's and Diontae Spencer will most likely be a 6th used for special teams.

Right now we have Sutton as a known. Tim Patrick should make the team costing so little and can make a little impact if needed. Hamilton is a 3rd that you can depend on but won't be anything special.

So that leaves 2 spots to be filled. I would love if Winfree could be one of those guys but just not sure how trustworthy he can be.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also wouldn't shock me to see instead of having a slot WR they move Fant into the slot and have Vannett in. They did this some with the Giants of having Evan Engram.

Hmmm. Where have I seen that before? A WR1 that demands double coverage. A WR2 that can beat single coverage. A TE that is a serious threat in the passing game. Throw a blocking TE on the other side and add in a dynamic RB. Give them a QB that can read the D, run the O, and make the throws. Install an Offense that will attack every square inch of the field. Sounds like a plan.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have six o-lineman that can actually play?

LOL - not a bad question. It is just that - IMO - you don't add a TE for blocking in the run game - if you can do that with an Olineman. You add a TE who can block in the run game - because you will use him often enough in the pass game to ensure that threat for a pass reception is there. With the current group - Wilkerson would be the extra lineman I would use for 3rd or 4th and short.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Heuerman and Richard Quinn, I thought Vannett was over drafted.. A guy I had as a later round guy who surprised me by going in round 3. His stats aren't impressive, but.... He has been an above average blocking TE is the one saving grace to me.. With Fant around we need a good blocking TE, and I would expect he takes Heuerman's role with the team. Ohio State replacing Ohio State.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Heuerman and Richard Quinn, I thought Vannett was over drafted.. A guy I had as a later round guy who surprised me by going in round 3. His stats aren't impressive, but.... He has been an above average blocking TE is the one saving grace to me.. With Fant around we need a good blocking TE, and I would expect he takes Heuerman's role with the team. Ohio State replacing Ohio State.
As I’ve read about his contract it seems obvious Heirmann will be cut - Vannett will be paid $2.85 MM per year, and cutting Heurmann will save us $3.875 MM this year. So a net savings of a million by having a guy who has stayed healthy vs one who has been hurt most of his career.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to understand why we were set to pay Heuerman 3.875 MM in the first place.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Draft Crazy you are some times absolutely brutal in your evaluations. But, I laughed.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how you say this after speaking of my dislike for Heurman, Vannett and Quinn who were all over drafted. :)

If you were important enough for me - what you "love" might matter.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody got a good link to Shurmur's style? I am really not as familiar with it as I'd like to be. Formations, route concepts, etc. I know that Fangio wants an Offense that uses the entire field. He has said so many times, that to him balance doesn't just mean run/pass. Balance means that the D can't focus on any one thing to take away or any set parts of the field to focus on.

Go to youtube and watch 2017 Viking games.

All those starting QB's that year were smoking hot good under this system

Too bad DT is old and was ever he is now .. because he would be a monster in this system

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highlights are highlights, but I was impressed with Vannett's hands and yards after catch. Looks like someone Lock can hook up with on busted plays.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highlights are highlights, but I was impressed with Vannett's hands and yards after catch. Looks like someone Lock can hook up with on busted plays.

I feel like he is a sideways move at this point. Heuerman wasn't the worst receiving option ever and obviously offered something as a blocker. Same could be said about Vannett at this point in his career.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like he is a sideways move at this point. Heuerman wasn't the worst receiving option ever and obviously offered something as a blocker. Same could be said about Vannett at this point in his career.

That's an understandable and defensible point Carl.

What caught my eye on the tape I linked to - was the vast majority of Vanneti's highlights were catches made off broken plays. The QB drops the shotgun snap - or runs out of the pocket - escapes a sack - looks downfield and there's Vanetti making the play. Lock's highlights from his 5 game run look the same way - he makes plays out of busted plays.

I'll make the point again - that I made recently in another thread. Pass catchers in Denver only had to run 3 second routes because after 3 seconds the QB was either sacked - had the ball deflected - or threw the ball out of bounds. So the coaches have to make sure eligible receivers know how to come back to the QB - or position themselves to receive the ball. I get the idea that Vanetti and Heuerman have similar production, but Vanetti already knows how to come back to a QB who has broken from the pocket and he costs a little less.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except one has a nickname of IRman, and the other has hardly missed any games.