• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Perry

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again it will be a stretch if he practices at all this week. This is getting old quick and it's starting to look like he is the bust that quite a few think he is. He's a decent player but how long can the team hang onto hopes that he can stay healthy. Should the team look for other options at OLB high in next years draft?

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waaaay too soon to be going down that road IMO. He's been playing pretty well when on the field. I don't subscribe to the "injury prone" way of thinking. It's football. Players get hurt. Some will get hurt more than others; that's just the way it is. But I really don't think Perry's injuries last year had any bearing on his injuries this year, and does not indicate he is likely to get hurt again this year or next.

Look at Mike Neal. He was battling injuries for three years and, despite being banged up a little this year, he has managed to play in every game thus far.

The Packers need depth at OLB, no question, but I don't think they'll be looking for a replacement for Perry.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's early to be talking like this but he has only played in 12 of a possible 27 games and some of those games were very short stints. How long do we hold out hope that he can stay healthy for a change? First his wrist then his ankle now his knee? Same thing with Neal. In four years he has managed to play in 29 of a possible 70 games and has 6.5 sacks and 40 tackles in four years. IMO Neal should have been sent packing already. I know he's a TT draft pick and all so he has a pass at sucking but after a while it's time to cut your losses and find people that can stay on the field and be productive.
I'm not saying get rid of Perry yet but we need players to be on the field we can't have a walking MASH unit every year.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's early to be talking like this but he has only played in 12 of a possible 27 games and some of those games were very short stints. How long do we hold out hope that he can stay healthy for a change? First his wrist then his ankle now his knee? Same thing with Neal. In four years he has managed to play in 29 of a possible 70 games and has 6.5 sacks and 40 tackles in four years. IMO Neal should have been sent packing already. I know he's a TT draft pick and all so he has a pass at sucking but after a while it's time to cut your losses and find people that can stay on the field and be productive.
I'm not saying get rid of Perry yet but we need players to be on the field we can't have a walking MASH unit every year.

First off...this business about Thompson not cutting guys simply because they're draft picks of his is proven garbage. How many picks are left from the 2011 draft?

Second...if we're going to cut guys that can't stay healthy, we'd better cut Matthews. Dude can't stay healthy. Bulaga and Starks too.

Third, Perry's been excellent against the run when he's been healthy, for the most part. Just because a guy's not racking up huge sack numbers doesn't been he's not played well. If that's how you're grading players, then you're only looking at a fraction of the game. It's like grading a cornerback solely on interceptions.

For the record, Neal has been pretty decent this year, considering the position change, and he's played in all nine games. We'd be worse off without him this year, so you may want to rethink your opinion on him...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mark87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Neal has probably hit his peak. Has Perry? Probably not. He still seems to be improving although slowly, partly as a result of injuries. I like Perry over Neal - more upside. I like the deal although $5M sure seems high. But it's one year. Let's hope he finally plays to his potential and proves he worth a long term deal next year!

Peppers, Matthews, Perry and Elliott (maybe Jones occasionally) at OLB now with Mulumba a good possibility yet and Neal probably gone. Doable if we can work the ILB issue so Matthews can be full-time OLB!