• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Madrigal the next Nellie Fox?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article here. One of the reasons Madrigal was taken so high in the draft (and he was my choice as well) is his lack of striking out and being a good contact hitter. These are attribute my all time favorite White Sox player was known for. What I never knew was that the most Fox ever struck out in a season was 18 times. That's all but unheard of these days. Anyway, enjoy the article.

White Sox: Comparing Nick Madrigal to Hall of Famer Nellie Fox

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fox has been my favorite player for the past 63 years! only thing he didn't do was hit for power. great in the field and at the plate. the strikeout thing is something hardly anyone remembers anymore. i actually saw him strike out twice in one game once (probably the only time it ever happened) and it was the ump's fault. first, he was called out on a bad pitch. his next time up he was still angry about it and swung wildly on pitches out of the zone ( to make some kind of point i guess).
anyway, i think nellie is the reason why i detest guys who strike out 150 - 200 times a year. and the sox have had so many of those types.
someone like madrigal will be a nice change.