• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice article (KIRK COUSINS IS ELITE)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only intelligent way to replace KC is via the draft. Ideally, we find a place holder for a year or two while we groom the rookie. That place holder might be Colt, or it could be Smith or Bradford or another journeyman QB. But that probably won't happen. We are not going to find a capable long term starter off of someone else's roster because, well, sane organizations don't let good QBs go.

Then there is the Redskins.......
i think you can sign a bridgewater type and maybe role the dice in round 3 on a mason rudolph and keep us moving forward , if the team decide to be stupid and let a franchise qb walk

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you can sign a bridgewater type and maybe role the dice in round 3 on a mason rudolph and keep us moving forward , if the team decide to be stupid and let a franchise qb walk
Yeah, I don't see the love for Bridgewater. What has he done that gives you the warm and fuzzy?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if its win some playoff games, how do you rate Stafford so high? See, this is a double standard that KC has had to fight for 3 years. Yet other fans who post on here regularly see his production. Too many Skins fans don't recognize what they really have.
What we really have is a QB about ready to break through after some tough years, lessons learned, lots of improvement and a consistent professional approach. Much like those ahead of him have done such as Stafford, Ryan, Rivers, Brees etc. 3 seasons ago Cousins was pretty good at throwing INT. We have long passed those days but are every bit closer to a playoff win. I respect KC and his hard work and I believe it will pay off.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude, but if your boss was constantly telling you... I know your job pays this much... but I'm going to need you to PROVE you are worth it. How thrilled would you be to take a 20% less pay rate to stay working for some one who really wanted the guy you replaced to be his guy??
And this is why I think KC walks regardless. He felt that lack of respect and wants to move on (see what's out there) to a clean slate. Only way I see him staying is by signing the $34M tag. KC get's his $78M and walks then. In the end, I don't think he or his agent would mind that. The Skins would be foolish to proceed that way.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if its win some playoff games, how do you rate Stafford so high? See, this is a double standard that KC has had to fight for 3 years. Yet other fans who post on here regularly see his production. Too many Skins fans don't recognize what they really have.
Stafford has certainly played at a higher level for longer than Cousins. And just because my value or opinion of KC's ability or current status at QB doesn't meet yours or anyone else's doesn't mean I'm right and your wrong, it is what it is. My expectations or standards for QB play could be quite different from yours. Either way, KC deserves his money and presumably will get his money and hopefully its here in D.C.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about the same Bruce Allen that traded three firsts and a second for a 1st rounder so he could draft the player he and Dan wanted. Mind you this trade was made while his coach was out fishing and enjoying his vacation.

So yea, at the end of the day I think Doug is just a figure head, the scouts will give their opinion. And Bruce will decide what he wants to do... if that's Jackson then he will do what he needs to get his guy.
I totally disagree and believe it will be a collective draft plan with Williams leading the way. BA will likely not make any picks this year by himself.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has certainly played at a higher level for longer than Cousins. And just because my value or opinion of KC's ability or current status at QB doesn't meet yours or anyone else's doesn't mean I'm right and your wrong, it is what it is. My expectations or standards for QB play could be quite different from yours. Either way, KC deserves his money and presumably will get his money and hopefully its here in D.C.

At a higher level...nope.

Longer...yes.

Stafford has played half his seasons to the level of KC, the other half far below. He did this throwing to Calvin Johnson.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At a higher level...nope.

Longer...yes.

Stafford has played half his seasons to the level of KC, the other half far below. He did this throwing to Calvin Johnson.
GTFOH gk... Stafford has played 125 career games, thrown for almost 35k yards and almost clipped 5k yard 2x. Not sure what "half" games Stafford performed below the level of KC that you mention but your off base here. The last 2 seasons the QB's are comparable however, Stafford has thrown for more TD's and less int. Because of this and the fact that Stafford has more than double the amount of games played, he belongs in a class above Cousins imo. Again, not saying Cousins cannot leap frog guys like Stafford, Ryan, Rivers etc because I believe he can in a year or two but he hasn't quite arrived just yet.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFOH gk... Stafford has played 125 career games, thrown for almost 35k yards and almost clipped 5k yard 2x. Not sure what "half" games Stafford performed below the level of KC that you mention but your off base here. The last 2 seasons the QB's are comparable however, Stafford has thrown for more TD's and less int. Because of this and the fact that Stafford has more than double the amount of games played, he belongs in a class above Cousins imo. Again, not saying Cousins cannot leap frog guys like Stafford, Ryan, Rivers etc because I believe he can in a year or two but he hasn't quite arrived just yet.

Stafford has played more games than KC, just like Ryan Tannehill has played more. Does that make Ryan Tannehill better than KC? Of course it doesn’t because Tannehill hasn’t played to the level of either Stafford or KC. So let’s just drop the games played stupidity.

This is what I mean by half the games Stafford has played were below the level of KC:
Stafford 2009- 61 passer rating
Stafford 2010- only 3games
Stafford 2012- 79.8 rating
Stafford 2013- 84.2 rating
Stafford 2014- 85.7 rating

Every one of those years is far below the play of KC. Every one of those years was with the most dominant WR ever.

As for the last two seasons, not sure why we aren’t comparing the last three, but ok.

Stafford has thrown for 8,773 yards, 53 TDs, 20 ints, and a rating of 96.25.

KC has thrown for 9,010 yards, 52 TDs, 25 ints, and a rating of 95.63.

Now if we add in KC 8 TD runs compared to Stafford’s 2, it changes things to where KC is just ahead of Stafford. You also are not factoring in health of the team this season.

I think KC is in the same tier as Stafford, that is why I haven’t said much about him. To put Dak above him is absurd, as is Smith.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has played more games than KC, just like Ryan Tannehill has played more. Does that make Ryan Tannehill better than KC? Of course it doesn’t because Tannehill hasn’t played to the level of either Stafford or KC. So let’s just drop the games played stupidity.

This is what I mean by half the games Stafford has played were below the level of KC:

Every one of those years is far below the play of KC. Every one of those years was with the most dominant WR ever.

As for the last two seasons, not sure why we aren’t comparing the last three, but ok.

Now if we add in KC 8 TD runs compared to Stafford’s 2, it changes things to where KC is just ahead of Stafford. You also are not factoring in health of the team this season.

I think KC is in the same tier as Stafford, that is why I haven’t said much about him. To put Dak above him is absurd, as is Smith.
:agree: You truly have to hate Kirk to put Dak above him. Maybe it was a typo.:noidea: I like Smith, but would take Kirk over him as well

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: You truly have to hate Kirk to put Dak above him. Maybe it was a typo.:noidea: I like Smith, but would take Kirk over him as well

We could all pick out 1-5 QBs we would take over Cousins.

Question becomes, which of those QBs are realistically available.
What will it cost (money and/or draft compensation) to get said named QB
If we do get said named QB what other resource did we pass up on in order to secure that guy?

Dak isnt available to us, neither is Rogers, Wentz, Goff, Brady or a host of others.

Of the guys that might be available in FA, How many are really going to cost significantly less than Cousins will to keep AND actually improve us at the position?

Of the guys in the draft, who will be there when we pick, or failing that how much will a trade up cost us. And again does that make us better as a team, or did we make the move mostly because we simply wanted some one other than Cousins?? And lastly, did we move away from Cousins, take the guy who fell to us and pass up on a guy like Vita Vea who would improve our team.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see the love for Bridgewater. What has he done that gives you the warm and fuzzy?

I don't think he's all that great but he was a decent QB for 2 years. Think back to cousins and where he was at when he took over. Bridgewater is much more promising than that. Obviously doesn't mean it will work out but I think if he's affordable he's a pretty decent option all things considered.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's all that great but he was a decent QB for 2 years. Think back to cousins and where he was at when he took over. Bridgewater is much more promising than that. Obviously doesn't mean it will work out but I think if he's affordable he's a pretty decent option all things considered.

Ill be honest, I dont know much about him. just his stats and tape of his NFL experience. So why do you think he has more upside?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be honest, I dont know much about him. just his stats and tape of his NFL experience. So why do you think he has more upside?

Its not that I think he has that much upside, but hes a former 1st rounder who played pretty well for a first and 2nd year QB and then got hurt. He's still young, unproven but with potential, and fits the offense. His first 2 seasons were much better than Cousins first 3 seasons. Which certainly isnt to say he'll be better or even good for us but just that hes not a bad option all things considered. Its completely plausible he's a young good QB who could fit well with Gruden. Can we say that about anybody else we're considering really?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not that I think he has that much upside, but hes a former 1st rounder who played pretty well for a first and 2nd year QB and then got hurt. He's still young, unproven but with potential, and fits the offense. His first 2 seasons were much better than Cousins first 3 seasons. Which certainly isnt to say he'll be better or even good for us but just that hes not a bad option all things considered. Its completely plausible he's a young good QB who could fit well with Gruden. Can we say that about anybody else we're considering really?

Other than the fact he got playing time, did he really play that much better than KC? I have shown his stats and they were not good for any year player.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough, you made your point and I made mine. You place KC where you want as do I.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh really nothing . i just put together his playing time and age and felt like this would be the best direction to go in . he is a stop gap as are all the others and i tend to gamble more with youth . i dont want to give up draft capitol for smith , bradford is injury prone and older , taylor doesnt really fit our scheme , AJ mccarron is not proven

so in my order i would go bridewater , taylor , aj bradford smith

but make no mistake i dont LOVE any of them but its a matter of what type of flu bug i want

so let break it down this way bridewater aches and pains runny nose , taylor adds fever , AJ adds nausea bradford adds puking and smith gives me diarhea

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh really nothing . i just put together his playing time and age and felt like this would be the best direction to go in . he is a stop gap as are all the others and i tend to gamble more with youth . i dont want to give up draft capitol for smith , bradford is injury prone and older , taylor doesnt really fit our scheme , AJ mccarron is not proven

but make no mistake i dont LOVE any of them but its a matter of what type of flu bug i want

so let break it down this way bridewater aches and pains runny nose , taylor adds fever , AJ adds nausea bradford adds puking and smith gives me diarhea

I need to make a correction on McCarron... he is a restricted free agent. So to get him will cost us money and draft capitol as we would have to trade to get his rights unless the Bengals some how just decide they dont want him around.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn.. Anyway you look at it, you are going to have a bad year next year. Unless, of course, they somehow convince KC to stay. Assuming they want him to stay.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I want Smith is because I think we are close. I want to have a season next year and I think he gives us the best chance. For arguments sake I'll take the stance of many on here and assume we are not as close as I think. If that's the case and it very well may be, my order goes like this:

Allen....won't be there at 13 though, but that's my guy as of 1.19.18

Mayfield....will probably be there at 13 so that's good, but could flame out on and off the field and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Jackson.....should be there at 13 and there is enough raw talent to take a look.

Bridgewater.......saw enough to know what I like and don't like. Kid has talent, heart, but nothing special.

A.J.......I like him but don't think he is worth the money he will command in a year and the draft picks we would have to give up. Alabama and USC QBs scare me. I could be wrong. I thought Shuler was gonna kill it, but I would understand the move.

McCoy and draft Rudolph or someone in the 2nd or 3rd.
Bradford and Taylor......No thank you.

I short I want to do anything I can not to have to burn the 13th pick on a QB.
Thats why I'm hoping Kirk forgives Bruce or we just go get Smith.

Last edited: