• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHLPA Approves Return-to-Play Format

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, if they pissed all over the traditional names already (narrator voice "they have"), might as well cash in.

if we ever in a division again, i don't care if it's the Dave Buck Ford division or GoDaddy.com division.

Once fans return (full capacity), can we have the Gretzky, Howe, Orr, and Lemieux divisions?!?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once fans return (full capacity), can we have the Gretzky, Howe, Orr, and Lemieux divisions?!?
Bowman and Arbour conferences?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ontario was the last province to give the okay meaning that all Canadian teams can play games in their home arena.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ontario was the last province to give the okay meaning that all Canadian teams can play games in their home arena.

Don't know if MB has yet.

The Rocket moved their home games from Laval to the Bell Centre too so they don't have to operate/sanitize two arenas. Have to think the Marlies are ACC bound and the Belleville Sens are going to be playing out of Kanata (which may be farther from Ottawa than Belleville but is where the big club plays).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that now, but you'll be watching lol

/especially when the Buds play the Habs or Sens.
You kind of perfectly highlighted exactly why I wouldn't - I got bored watching those games when they played 6 times a year, especially when they clustered 4 of those games within like 3 weeks. It gets dull fast.

Combine that with the 4 pm start times for me and it's pretty easy to not feel like I'm missing out on anything.
OK Dash I'm a little more excited for it than I thought I'd be.

And terrified. If the Leafs suck in this weird experiment other teams' fans are never going to shut up about it. They pretty much have to finish first by double digit points and then roll through the first two rounds. I'm not optimistic, although the only Canadian team they didn't have a winning record or at least a season split against last year was Montreal.

Still, think there's a good chance we all get tired of seeing the same teams play all the time in all divisions by the time the playoffs get going.