• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL Record Edition - Philadelphia Flyers @ Detroit Red Wings 2/12

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be very surprised if the Flyers win this game. I have no idea why Laviolette started Bob today. The Red Wings have Bryzgalov's number.

Bryz has been sick the last few days. I think Bob will probably play tomorrow as well.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad do Pitt fans hate the Flyers?

3372327966_8ddafed92a.jpg

This was the last time the two teams played. Pic taken after Detroit tied it at 2. :D

cool pic!!:usa:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come the media only talks about the Bruins then? I haven't heard any mention of the Flyers.

/I wouldn't be surprised to see the streak end at 19. The Power Of The Captain is... uhh... All Powerful!

Really? Every time I've heard about Detroit's streak, they've always mentioned both teams, although I think the 29-30 Bruins is more impressive because they used sticks with straight blades. :hockeysmile:

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Every time I've heard about Detroit's streak, they've always mentioned both teams, although I think the 29-30 Bruins is more impressive because they used sticks with straight blades. :hockeysmile:

lol... I don't know, the Flyers achieved their streak with the one and only Bobby Orr in the league, isn't that more impressive?? :D

/I know, I know, he was pretty banged up by that point in his career...

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... I don't know, the Flyers achieved their streak with the one and only Bobby Orr in the league, isn't that more impressive?? :D

/I know, I know, he was pretty banged up by that point in his career...

Yeah sadly he was. Was basically skating on one leg in the 76 team Canada series. Couldn't even practice, just played the games. Bobby Clarke said it was of the most courageous and inspiring things he ever saw and I think Orr was voted player of the tournament. As much as I love talking about Orr, it's also hard at the same time. You always hate to see a players career cut short by injuries, no matter if they're great or not. I know I don't have to tell you Detroit fans though

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sadly he was. Was basically skating on one leg in the 76 team Canada series. Couldn't even practice, just played the games. Bobby Clarke said it was of the most courageous and inspiring things he ever saw and I think Orr was voted player of the tournament. As much as I love talking about Orr, it's also hard at the same time. You always hate to see a players career cut short by injuries, no matter if they're great or not. I know I don't have to tell you Detroit fans though

We had some amazing players go too early, but Orr was... well, Orr. I wasn't around to see it, but it's a shame when a treasure like that has to leave the game early because pukes took to cheap shots to try and stop him. I really like what he's done with his business, basically being a player agent and a mentor to the young guys at the same time.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the City of Brotherly Love vs The Motor City! It's Eminem vs that retarded rapper from It's Always Sunny! It's Benjamin Franklin vs Ted Nugent! It's Philly Cheesesteak vs Detroit Coneys! It's the Penguin Haters vs The Penguin Haters!

Do you ever get drunk and just say stupid shit on a message board?