• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL Record Edition - Philadelphia Flyers @ Detroit Red Wings 2/12

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
datsyuk has his best game in a month by far. joey mac just needs to stay in the damn crease and let his defensman handle the puck

then again with ericsson back there, i'm not sure that's a good idea. he had a terrible game today

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia Flyers forward Zac Rinaldo faces an afternoon hearing with the Department of Player Safety on Monday to discuss the charging minor he was assessed for hitting Detroit's Jonathan Ericsson at the 13:32 mark of the first period in Detroit's 4-3 victory Sunday night at Joe Louis Arena.

Flyers' Rinaldo faces hearing Monday - NHL.com - News

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-2 games. Tops.

I didn't see the game or the hit, so I have no idea. It wouldn't surprise me, especially since he was fined twice last week.

From what I've read it didn't look like that bad of a hit. I can't say; I haven't seen it and won't be able to until I get home from work.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pretty good game. Didn't like the giveaways early, but we got better as the game went on like we almost always do. I like that in my playoff teams.

As far as Joey goes, we should still be able to win any game even if he lets in 1 or 2 bad ones. The guy is playing pretty damn good overall. You have to remember, he started his Osgood education at about the same time Jimmy did. Plus he had to play for the Isles...(sorry Boltsy.:happy:)

kenyg54

Only sane person out here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great game to be at - voice just coming back

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers penalty kill is atrocious right now - which is surprising, because when they execute their system properly, they are actually a pretty astute penalty killing team (especially on the road). What's baffling is the decision making. Read, Coburn, and Timonen have all been culprits of taking themselves out of position to make a low-percentage play. The result? Three backdoor tap-ins. That HAS to be a point of emphasis during their 3-day layoff.

I actually thought last night's game was a damn good contest. Both goalies looked sharp at times, but both were guilty of a few soft tallies. The Flyers Penalty Kill lost them the game. Even strength I thought they slightly outplayed Detroit.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC has sent over some more info on the Wings record-tying (and NBC big viewership getting) win on Sunday night:

600k viewers was NBC Sports Network’s most-watched Sunday night NHL game ever, and the second most-watched hockey game on NBC Sports Network since opening night (Blackhawks-Penguins on 12/20/11 delivered 634,000 viewers).The viewership for Flyers-Red Wings is up 38 percent compared to the 2010/11 exclusive time period NHL game average on NBC Sports Network

After 54 regular season games, viewership of the NHL on NBCSN is up seven percent compared to the same period last year (335,000 vs. 314,000).

Highest rated game in Detroit (5.26) since 3/28/11 (Chi/Det, 5.37). NBC Sports Network was the No. 1 rated cable network in Detroit during the game and No. 3 network overall.

Highest rated game in Philadelphia (3.63) since 12/21/11 (Phi/Dal, 3.90). NBC Sports Network was the No. 2 rated cable network in Philadelphia during the game and the No. 4 network overall.

More Info on Big Numbers for Flyers-Red Wings Puck The Media

I think some of the Flyer fans in Philly were channel surfing between Desperate Housewives and the Grammys that night... :suspicious: