• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL Players Poll: "Ilya Kovalchuk is 6th Most Overrated Player in NHL"

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this...

Tell that to his near 30 points over about the last 20 games. He's playing unfuckingbelievable. I look at the list and poulin probably has a point.... there's no way him or Ovechkin even with his funk or kesler or iginla or even phaneuf who has turned into a very very balanced pivot belong on this. Sounds like there's a lot of hate for players people simply don't like playing against

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this too and ignored it because alott of people dont belong there. Contract shouldn't have anything to do with overratedness

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree this team without kovalchuk last year probably has the worst year for a non expansion team. This year he is playing solid. Ovie single handly turned that franchise around and madethe caps relivant

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Saw this too and ignored it because alott of people dont belong there. Contract shouldn't have anything to do with overratedness

Agree. I know you aren't Kovys biggest fan, but you are right about the contract. Also, the contract is not that bad. 6.6 million for players like that isn't a rip off. Also, he won't play til his early 40s, we all know that.

As for the article, I think Kovy is underrated, especially to our own fans.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the article, I think Kovy is underrated, especially to our own fans.

I wouldnt go that far. I see more Kovy jerseys at games than Elias ones so hes not too underrated if at all.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have heard plenty of fans constantly bash Kovalchuk.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah point per game career don't see how he can be overrated. With ovechkin how many players polled put up 60 goals in a season?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting stat: Did anyone else know that Ilya has the 17th highest Goals/game in the history of the game.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard plenty of fans constantly bash Kovalchuk.

bashing him and underrating him are different things. If they were trying to run him out of town, then I'd say hes underrated.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I heard our fans say he can't pass, can't play, isnt a team player...heard it all. I go to games. I know what I hear. Its pretty much the same people who are yelling "SHOOT IT" the entire game.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just went over the list. I can see why some are on the list, but give me a break. Anybody would take Ovechkin. Even if he is having a slow season, I would gladly bring his overrated ass here to NJ. Same with some other names on this list. We would be thrilled with these guys on our team. This list is stupid.
You are right, its because of contracts.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah contracts are a big part affecting this.
Phaneuf at 6 mil is big and many feel he is overpaid. I think if he was being paid around 4.5 mil....his name wouldn't be here.
Kovy and Ovi I think also carry with them that they don't always show up and players remember that. Both are very talented players but don't always show it game after game.

There has to be some jealousy affecting the numbers too as it is a poll that players responded to so some players may feel they are better than that person and getting paid less.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this...

Tell that to his near 30 points over about the last 20 games. He's playing unfuckingbelievable. I look at the list and poulin probably has a point.... there's no way him or Ovechkin even with his funk or kesler or iginla or even phaneuf who has turned into a very very balanced pivot belong on this. Sounds like there's a lot of hate for players people simply don't like playing against

Agreed, Kovy is finally starting to play like teh guy we paid for. That line is just sick right now. Haters can hate, I'll keep Kovy and enjopy watching him play in a Devils sweater.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I still want him gone. Well not gone, just never came if that makes sense. But he's far from overrated, plus he's actually playing D since coming to NJ adding yet another talent