• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle makes sense but this opinion list is partially comical.

12 Cities That Should Have an NHL Team
Mexico City, Atlanta, Houston, Cleveland, Saskatoon and Moscow?!?

Houston The Aeros won the WHA title twice. I can see a NHL team going here sooner then later.

Quebec City Bringing the Nordiques back could happen

Cleveland no

Kansas City no

Saskatoon It is just too small of a market

Portland Maybe but there are better choices here

Hartford see Saskatoon

Hamilton IMO the best place on the list

Atlanta Two strikes already

Toronto see Portland

Mexico City LOL

Moscow Once all the major leagues go worldwide in 2100.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of disappointed to not see Singapore, Honolulu or Palm Springs on the list.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle makes sense but this opinion list is partially comical.

12 Cities That Should Have an NHL Team
Mexico City, Atlanta, Houston, Cleveland, Saskatoon and Moscow?!?

Can someone explain to me why every professional sports league thinks Mexico City is even an option? It is nice for a gimmick games but owners will spend as much money on security for their players as the players salary.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me why every professional sports league thinks Mexico City is even an option? It is nice for a gimmick games but owners will spend as much money on security for their players as the players salary.
Mexico is a fucking enormous economy and Mexico City is the 2nd largest city on the continent. There is a lot of money to be gleamed from there.

Hoo Girl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle and Houston would be the two most logical spots in the US in the short term, but I also think Indianapolis could be a wild card contender. In Canada, Quebec City would be a logical place to bring hockey back to. With Toronto and Buffalo both having teams I think a team in Hamilton would struggle.

Hoo Girl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada seems well represented. I guess you could consider Halifax but it would still be a small market.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also have to wonder at what point do you stop. After adding Seattle the NHL will be tied with the NFL with the most teams in a pro league at 32. While places like Quebec City, Houston and Indy might make sense, could the NHL handle 34+ teams?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexico is a fucking enormous economy and Mexico City is the 2nd largest city on the continent. There is a lot of money to be gleamed from there.

:rockford: you think ice in your drink on vacation is a bad idea.....just put a hockey team there :pound:

I just ordered my Mexico City Matadors jersey.
if its not like this its a failure.....
71GQw6MiNrL._SY550_.jpg

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP never said "hockey team", he asked why professional leagues are looking towards Mexico. I just gave the very obvious reason - money.
fair enough.....all the stolen watches and wallets it will bring to the economy might slow down the immigration march too

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
You also have to wonder at what point do you stop. After adding Seattle the NHL will be tied with the NFL with the most teams in a pro league at 32. While places like Quebec City, Houston and Indy might make sense, could the NHL handle 34+ teams?
32 is a good number to settle at.
Quebec and Houston can get their teams via relocation

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington Capitals star TJ Oshie was raised in Everett, Wash., just north of Seattle, and he didn’t hesitate when asked what he would name the team.

“The Totems,” Oshie said in Sept. “There's a history there, with the Totems. My youth coach went on to create a junior team there called the Totems. When you drive around, even if you're not on a reservation, you see totems there. So I think it's something that's pretty native to the area.”

Cool! To shorten it we can call them the poles!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Capitals star TJ Oshie was raised in Everett, Wash., just north of Seattle, and he didn’t hesitate when asked what he would name the team.

“The Totems,” Oshie said in Sept. “There's a history there, with the Totems. My youth coach went on to create a junior team there called the Totems. When you drive around, even if you're not on a reservation, you see totems there. So I think it's something that's pretty native to the area.”

Cool! To shorten it we can call them the poles!

I don't think the PC police force will like that.

But i do like the Totems name