• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 12-9-14

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Connauton picks a dandy time to score his first goal as a Blue Jacket. In OT.

The Flyers tied it late with Mason pulled. I was hoping they would because that interference call on Giroux was a complete joke, and we've done enough to piss off the Hockey Gods. Flyers were buzzing up to that point. And even the tying goal was reviewed for some damn reason. Clearly crossed the line, no interference or anything and the idiot ref made no signal other than "stop".

I would have somewhat enjoyed that being disallowed (no point for Philly), but that would have been a worse call than the one on Giroux.

4 in a row. So do I turn in my paper bag now, or what? I am so conflicted.

I watched the beginning of this game since the Flyers are the local team down here.

But how the flying Phuck do the flyers continually give Rinaldo a roster spot?

Last night the game isn't 10 minutes old and stupid penalty, PP, goal Flyers down 1-0 courtesly of rinaldo's bone head mistakes.

It was the same shit during the 2 home and home games against the Rangers......

I know Cobie will feel like Im attacking his team, but its just an outsiders observation. Its frustrating to watch it. Like WTF? Offer Sather 27 boxes of fine Cuban cigars and scotch and figure out a way to send him packing for Marc Staal or something....IDK...but I turned it off after that.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Connauton picks a dandy time to score his first goal as a Blue Jacket. In OT.

The Flyers tied it late with Mason pulled. I was hoping they would because that interference call on Giroux was a complete joke, and we've done enough to piss off the Hockey Gods. Flyers were buzzing up to that point. And even the tying goal was reviewed for some damn reason. Clearly crossed the line, no interference or anything and the idiot ref made no signal other than "stop".

I would have somewhat enjoyed that being disallowed (no point for Philly), but that would have been a worse call than the one on Giroux.

Hang in there.......hold the fort.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
laser top shelf. seems suitable.

Nucks had nothing left tonight. Would have liked the single point, Burrows got burned at mid-ice (not sure where the d-man was on that play).
good rest before the Rags on Saturday (who are also well rested)

it was Spizza and he was just watching it all unfold :ohwell:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the beginning of this game since the Flyers are the local team down here.

But how the flying Phuck do the flyers continually give Rinaldo a roster spot?

Last night the game isn't 10 minutes old and stupid penalty, PP, goal Flyers down 1-0 courtesly of rinaldo's bone head mistakes.

It was the same shit during the 2 home and home games against the Rangers......

I know Cobie will feel like Im attacking his team, but its just an outsiders observation. Its frustrating to watch it. Like WTF? Offer Sather 27 boxes of fine Cuban cigars and scotch and figure out a way to send him packing for Marc Staal or something....IDK...but I turned it off after that.

You're totally within your right to attack this team - they have a lot of fight and come back to tie these games late, but it boggles me that Matt Read is still in the lineup - everyone says he's struggling because he's hurt but if that's the case then he's KILLING the team and shouldn't be in the lineup - that lazy ass backcheck last night pissed me off to no end - that is absolutely benchable and if he's in the lineup tomorrow night then Craig Berube should be pitchforked - he's already benched 1/5th of the roster at one point or another this season(Vinny, A-Mac, Luke Schenn, MDZ to name a few) and if Matt Read doesn't get benched, it shows Chief is playing favorites and shouldn't be taken seriously as an NHL head coach - Matt Read should be enjoying some popcorn in the luxury box tomorrow night

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, but Kevin Connauton should never be able to get a breakaway and be that open like he was last night - the Flyers blew that one horribly and that was on Matt Read for not backchecking - the pass by Couts was not great but Matt Read was a lazy ass floater and let a non-offensive d-man get the best scoring chance he will ever have in the NHL

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could probably pass off Dominicans in a Cuban wrapper to Slats...

[youtube]NqQIm-AtsXs[/youtube]

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with Dominicans as long as you pick the white ones.

We're talkin' about people, right?

this post is Darren Pang approved

sammy-sosa-white.png

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but Kevin Connauton should never be able to get a breakaway and be that open like he was last night - the Flyers blew that one horribly and that was on Matt Read for not backchecking - the pass by Couts was not great but Matt Read was a lazy ass floater and let a non-offensive d-man get the best scoring chance he will ever have in the NHL

The Jackets were late in a shift too. Johansen was totally out of gas, I don't know where Connauten found the wheels to even keep up. Was like a nearly 2 minute shift.

Had the shot missed, it could have been a 4 on 1 back.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could probably pass off Dominicans in a Cuban wrapper to Slats...

[youtube]NqQIm-AtsXs[/youtube]

Don't pick the defective ones!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jackets were late in a shift too. Johansen was totally out of gas, I don't know where Connauten found the wheels to even keep up. Was like a nearly 2 minute shift.

Had the shot missed, it could have been a 4 on 1 back.

I Connauton believe he still had the wheels to keep up

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're totally within your right to attack this team - they have a lot of fight and come back to tie these games late, but it boggles me that Matt Read is still in the lineup - everyone says he's struggling because he's hurt but if that's the case then he's KILLING the team and shouldn't be in the lineup - that lazy ass backcheck last night pissed me off to no end - that is absolutely benchable and if he's in the lineup tomorrow night then Craig Berube should be pitchforked - he's already benched 1/5th of the roster at one point or another this season(Vinny, A-Mac, Luke Schenn, MDZ to name a few) and if Matt Read doesn't get benched, it shows Chief is playing favorites and shouldn't be taken seriously as an NHL head coach - Matt Read should be enjoying some popcorn in the luxury box tomorrow night

I didn't see the whole game as I shut it off after Rinaldos stupidity and eventually fell asleep. Your team is struggling but its almost like 3/4 of the team is working hard and then there is something stupid on a certain night then ends up torpedoing the team effort. There was no reason that first period should have started with you guys down 1-0. I hope these guys get it turned around.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Some maybe most of those games would be W's if not starting out in the hole.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the whole game as I shut it off after Rinaldos stupidity and eventually fell asleep. Your team is struggling but its almost like 3/4 of the team is working hard and then there is something stupid on a certain night then ends up torpedoing the team effort. There was no reason that first period should have started with you guys down 1-0. I hope these guys get it turned around.

I know their defense has holes but the forwards are not as good either - too much reliance on the top guys - 5 on 5 is struggling again - it was great in late October/early November but it tailed off again

I'd love for them to get a winger and take some pressure off the top guys - they're getting no offense from the bottom 6-7 forwards

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know their defense has holes but the forwards are not as good either - too much reliance on the top guys - 5 on 5 is struggling again - it was great in late October/early November but it tailed off again

I'd love for them to get a winger and take some pressure off the top guys - they're getting no offense from the bottom 6-7 forwards

Agree and when they get behind and start with the line juggling and put Vorachek and Giroux together other teams just put all effort into shutting those two down and you can win the game.