• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 12-4-14

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh probably ... at the very least pens fans will boo vociferously that it was the dirtiest hit ever like they did in house after Stanton nailed Hornqvist

but even Bo thought it was clean ... again though ... ask him today after he sees the highlight of Comeau leaping into him and he might say different

Horvat took that hit like a man. Or a bull. Or an ox. Or a felled cinder block which was quickly uprighted by a gang of bricklayers.

It looked a lot like the hit he took from Pitlick in the preseason, actually. Head down then too. On that one, he was hurt.

On the Comeau hit, he shook it off like sawdust.

“I got caught off balance,” Horvat said. “I saw him lose his stick and I was going for the breakaway. I cut over and he got his hands up near my face and caught me off balance.”

Did Horvat think it illegal?

“No, there’s not much you can do about it. It was a hockey play,” Horvat said. “He had to try and do something to prevent me from going on a breakaway.

“I thought it was a pretty clean hit.”

The first glance at that hit didn't look great, thought there was a shoulder to the head, but it was squeaky clean. Not a smart play on Sid's part.

EDIT: that was in regard to the hit on Hornqvist.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things in the nhl that cant possibly continue for the whole season, can they? ... point production from calgary d and point production from the canucks bottom 6 forwards

KISS OF DEATH lol

records since that post Dec 5

Flames 0 - 6
Canucks 0 - 3 - 1

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KISS OF DEATH lol

records since that post Dec 5

Flames 0 - 6
Canucks 0 - 3 - 1

The funny thing is, last night's game aside, the Flames have been playing just as well if not better than they were previously to this slide. They ran into some hot goalies and some bad bounces. However, last night's game was not a good performance. Oh well, life is never easy being a fan of Calgary professional based sports teams.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, last night's game aside, the Flames have been playing just as well if not better than they were previously to this slide. They ran into some hot goalies and some bad bounces. However, last night's game was not a good performance. Oh well, life is never easy being a fan of Calgary professional based sports teams.

the points from the d are slowing

Points by #Flames defencemen:

Last 6 games (0-6-0): 8 points

Previous 6 games (5-1-0): 20 points

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the points from the d are slowing

Points by #Flames defencemen:

Last 6 games (0-6-0): 8 points

Previous 6 games (5-1-0): 20 points

Yup, there's no doubt that the forwards need to start pulling their weight offensively.