• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 11-16-14

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he lost some confidence after his injury and has slowly been regaining it. That shootout goal he got the other night might have been what he needed to regain it. I'm a big fan of his (met him a few times and he use to wear my avatar) so hopefully he can stay somewhat hot and play as well as he did as a rookie.

I would love to see him burst out this season and continue playing like he has as of late - I think his intensity has really ramped up and part of it is having the confidence now

I don't know why people don't give this team credit - they're playing well right now and they have a lot of good ingredients, ones that start from the net out, which is most important

BTW anyone who watched this game would notice that there were a lot of empty seats in Anaheim(yes part of it was the blowout but early on there were a lot of red seats - and people get on the Panthers for not having people come to the games?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see him burst out this season and continue playing like he has as of late - I think his intensity has really ramped up and part of it is having the confidence now

I don't know why people don't give this team credit - they're playing well right now and they have a lot of good ingredients, ones that start from the net out, which is most important

BTW anyone who watched this game would notice that there were a lot of empty seats in Anaheim(yes part of it was the blowout but early on there were a lot of red seats - and people get on the Panthers for not having people come to the games?

So now you have 3 teams. Give it a couple of years and you'll have a Cup contender every year. :heh:

But seriously, people give the Panthers grief because they get less than 10K PAYING customers for years on end. Comparing their attendance to Anaheim's isn't really a good benchmark.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you have 3 teams. Give it a couple of years and you'll have a Cup contender every year. :heh:

But seriously, people give the Panthers grief because they get less than 10K PAYING customers for years on end. Comparing their attendance to Anaheim's isn't really a good benchmark.

tumblr_inline_mrhz6z9Od51s2o53o.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Florida is an extreme comparison, but Anaheim has been bottom third in attendance for the past 6 years. I've said this for years, but I have no idea how Anaheim could possibly be a profitable franchise. Their new TV deal only pays $13 million/year, gates are underwhelming at best and I doubt they're a big merch mover, all while spending near the cap. How does Bettman convince these millionaires and billionaires to own and operate teams in such poor conditions?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida is an extreme comparison, but Anaheim has been bottom third in attendance for the past 6 years. I've said this for years, but I have no idea how Anaheim could possibly be a profitable franchise. Their new TV deal only pays $13 million/year, gates are underwhelming at best and I doubt they're a big merch mover, all while spending near the cap. How does Bettman convince these millionaires and billionaires to own and operate teams in such poor conditions?

One thing Bettman does well is drive up the value of NHL franchises. The guys in Glendale can say they are in it for the long term until the cows come home, but they gotta be eyeing that deadline in 3+ years which allows them to move the team to another location. By that time, I wouldn't be surprised if the Coyotes are worth 3 times the amount that they purchased the team for (and they put up very little of their own money to begin with).

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing Bettman does well is drive up the value of NHL franchises. The guys in Glendale can say they are in it for the long term until the cows come home, but they gotta be eyeing that deadline in 3+ years which allows them to move the team to another location. By that time, I wouldn't be surprised if the Coyotes are worth 3 times the amount that they purchased the team for (and they put up very little of their own money to begin with).

This ^^^