• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 10-28-14

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neil's such a shit. Very few players i've ever taken an extreme dislike towards but holy hell this guy.

Even so, the video clearly shows that Neil realized it was Boll's eyes and let up. Even looked like he apologized. But it was a petty situation all around.

I wish some GM out there was stupid enough to take Boll off our hands. More trouble than he's worth. He starts shit, gets everyone wound up and before you know it your #2 Center has his bell rung and another of our guys gets ejected for boarding a guy. That fucking nitwit fought twice before 15 minutes were up.

Fighting has a place. Useless goons do not.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DishonestFaithfulDolphin.gif

Principle point of contact was the head, extends through the hit with his elbow. The momentum of the hit is the only thing that kept him from leaving his feet more. All things the league has suspended for before.

Plus at that point, there is no reason to make the hit. Anisimov is neutralized and separated from the puck by position alone. It's reckless and stupid.

And players are taught starting at age 7 that if you see numbers, you don't make the hit. Yeah, Borowiecki turned, but Tropp had time to stop and chose not to.

???

From where I'm standing Gryba's elbow never comes up over rib level and the head is about 3rd in line.

I also think that Tropp was committed to his hit and Boro turned at the last second.

Gonna have to agree to disagree on both of these.

We'll have to wait and see where the wheel lands on them I guess.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

From where I'm standing Gryba's elbow never comes up over rib level and the head is about 3rd in line.

I also think that Tropp was committed to his hit and Boro turned at the last second.

Gonna have to agree to disagree on both of these.

We'll have to wait and see where the wheel lands on them I guess.

It was just announced, nothing further for either. I was going on what has been doled out in the past in the interest of "player safety".

I guess we don't do that anymore.

Both were reckless if not borderline dirty hits.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the announcers in the Islanders-Jets after a puck nearly crossed the line game said something like "It sounded like it might be in".

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Pegula & Murray watched the Penguins & Devils play the year they tanked to see who could be worse & end up with Super Mario. It's truly pathetic that Bettman is allowing them to put a team on the ice that is this awful.

Do you ever give up on your conspiracy theory bullshit?

I'm not going to bother responding the basic premise again because I've done that before (as have other posters) and I'm tired of it.

All I'll ask is what Murray should be doing differently? He inherited a shit-show of a team from Regier's total incompetence and he's trying to turn it around. So what significant moves that Murray has made do you think he shouldn't have done?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you ever give up on your conspiracy theory bullshit?

I'm not going to bother responding the basic premise again because I've done that before (as have other posters) and I'm tired of it.

All I'll ask is what Murray should be doing differently? He inherited a shit-show of a team from Regier's total incompetence and he's trying to turn it around. So what significant moves that Murray has made do you think he shouldn't have done?

Murray didn't do any better than Regier had done in free agency. Matt Moulson for 5 years 25M is a deal that will likely be bought out at some point. Why did he bring McCormack back for 3 years? Meszaros really? The only move I like is Josh Gorges. I've always felt he was underrated. It's not like Murray didn't have money to spend to make some moves to help make the team at least somewhat competitive. I'm not saying make them a playoff team. I'm saying give their goalies some help on a nightly basis. They're still over 10 Million below the cap ceiling & sitting at 27th in the league in terms of spending. I know money isn't an issue for Pegula. The Sabres have so many UFA's to be there's no doubt they're already gearing up for when they might get one of the big two. Sorry, but I just don't like the way they're going about it. You know it's going to be a long year when the head coach calls the Sabres a Pee Wee team.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray didn't do any better than Regier had done in free agency. Matt Moulson for 5 years 25M is a deal that will likely be bought out at some point. Why did he bring McCormack back for 3 years? Meszaros really? The only move I like is Josh Gorges. I've always felt he was underrated. It's not like Murray didn't have money to spend to make some moves to help make the team at least somewhat competitive. I'm not saying make them a playoff team. I'm saying give their goalies some help on a nightly basis. They're still over 10 Million below the cap ceiling & sitting at 27th in the league in terms of spending. I know money isn't an issue for Pegula. The Sabres have so many UFA's to be there's no doubt they're already gearing up for when they might get one of the big two. Sorry, but I just don't like the way they're going about it. You know it's going to be a long year when the head coach calls the Sabres a Pee Wee team.

What free agents of significance were they going to get? Are you going to overpay big time for a top free agent just to say that you were able to bring in a top free agent? The Sabres are multiple, and I mean MULTIPLE pieces away, you do not use free agency to fill multiple pieces, that's where the draft comes into play

The Sabres are a bad fucking team and will be for a few years at the least, if you thought they'd be competitive in one year, you're crazy

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So they were supposed to sign more leftovers to over-priced contracts? With the expectation that they still wouldn't have any chance of making the playoffs?

I think they call that the Maple Leafs approach. Honestly, what sense does that approach make? It doesn't. It just guarantees that a team languishes in mediocrity forever. Too good to get the best draft picks, but not good enough to ever really be a contender.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What free agents of significance were they going to get? Are you going to overpay big time for a top free agent just to say that you were able to bring in a top free agent? The Sabres are multiple, and I mean MULTIPLE pieces away, you do not use free agency to fill multiple pieces, that's where the draft comes into play

The Sabres are a bad fucking team and will be for a few years at the least, if you thought they'd be competitive in one year, you're crazy

I didn't say competitive in terms of contending for a playoff spot. I'm saying the team Murray put together isn't even competitive. They need their goalie to stand on his head every night just to keep the final score respectable. That's sad & shouldn't be the situation this team is in. Murray has a lot of draft picks not just the three 1st rounders. He didn't have to give Ennis a ridiculous contract. Sorry he's not that good. Murray could have made a couple of smaller deals to improve his club. Leddy would have been a nice addition. All he really cost was 1 solid prospect. Not anything special. Pegula has never had a problem getting UFA's to sign. He won't at the end of this season either. The problem is his GM's tend to give big contracts to the wrong players. That didn't change with Murray taking over. He could have done better, but I really don't think he wanted to. This is their plan. It's sad. I honestly hope they get burned by the lottery.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they were supposed to sign more leftovers to over-priced contracts? With the expectation that they still wouldn't have any chance of making the playoffs?

I think they call that the Maple Leafs approach. Honestly, what sense does that approach make? It doesn't. It just guarantees that a team languishes in mediocrity forever. Too good to get the best draft picks, but not good enough to ever really be a contender.

No they could have made some smaller trades to bring in two or three vets to help the young guys along. I'm not saying make them playoff contenders. I'm saying make them at least competitive on a nightly basis. This team possibly isn't good enough to win the AHL title.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they could have made some smaller trades to bring in two or three vets to help the young guys along. I'm not saying make them playoff contenders. I'm saying make them at least competitive on a nightly basis. This team possibly isn't good enough to win the AHL title.

The problem is, if they made moves for Nick Leddy(for example), they'd be better but they'd be stuck in mediocrity - that's where the Sabres were for a good 4-5 years before they started making all the changes

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, if they made moves for Nick Leddy(for example), they'd be better but they'd be stuck in mediocrity - that's where the Sabres were for a good 4-5 years before they started making all the changes

Nick Leddy wouldn't turn the Sabres into a team that finishes 8 to 10. However he would have been a nice piece to build around. He's a RFA at the end of the year. The perfect player for a team like Buffalo going forward after this season. Obviously Murray thought otherwise.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Leddy wouldn't turn the Sabres into a team that finishes 8 to 10. However he would have been a nice piece to build around. He's a RFA at the end of the year. The perfect player for a team like Buffalo going forward after this season. Obviously Murray thought otherwise.

This is actually comical coming from an Isles fan. You're telling people here that a team should do basically what the Islanders have done for 15 years with absolutely zero fucking success, instead of what they're doing now which is what teams that have had success in recent years did. I cannot fathom what argument you could ever possibly make to justify wishing your team's misery upon anybody else's team.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually comical coming from an Isles fan. You're telling people here that a team should do basically what the Islanders have done for 15 years with absolutely zero fucking success, instead of what they're doing now which is what teams that have had success in recent years did. I cannot fathom what argument you could ever possibly make to justify wishing your team's misery upon anybody else's team.

Actually the Isles had multiple top 5 picks and they just kept on sucking. However, I do agree that comments about tanking and not spending money to make a team competitive are pretty rich coming from an Isles fan.

As for not doing more to strengthen the Sabres, your argument is as weak as they come DB&I. Out of one side of your mouth you say that they were dumb to sign Moulson and they overpaid him. Out of the other side of your mouth you complain that they're doing nothing. And somehow you do this while pointing out the Gorges, Moulson, Meszaros. etc signings.

Guys like Gorges, Moulson and Gionta were absolutely players that the Sabres acquired to make their team better and to not send out a team consisting purely of prospects.

The weird thing about your whole obsession with the Sabres "tanking" is that they are very similar to your Isles, just at an earlier stage in their development.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Isles had multiple top 5 picks and they just kept on sucking. However, I do agree that comments about tanking and not spending money to make a team competitive are pretty rich coming from an Isles fan.

As for not doing more to strengthen the Sabres, your argument is as weak as they come DB&I. Out of one side of your mouth you say that they were dumb to sign Moulson and they overpaid him. Out of the other side of your mouth you complain that they're doing nothing. And somehow you do this while pointing out the Gorges, Moulson, Meszaros. etc signings.

Guys like Gorges, Moulson and Gionta were absolutely players that the Sabres acquired to make their team better and to not send out a team consisting purely of prospects.

The weird thing about your whole obsession with the Sabres "tanking" is that they are very similar to your Isles, just at an earlier stage in their development.

They did and they actually drafted well but then they made a bunch of horrendous trades afterwards and it set them back forever