• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 10-18-14

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay called for too many men. John Travolta likes that call.....

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one heck of a comeback by the Flyers

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Downie_2.0.gif

The Downie point from last night. He's just a scary man.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would call that garage league hockey pix, but I don't want to offend the Pens owner...

:behindsofa:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love this Pens - Isles rivalry though.

Took a break last year, but it's gonna be heated again.

And really, Downie was okay last night. His discipline thus far has been in check, honestly a lot of his PIMs this year have been because his name is Steve Downie. The point thing was actually okay with me because the Pens sort of need a guy that is a complete ass to play against (the Pens had Sutter mic'd during a preseason tilt vs CBus and caught Dubi complaining about him...yeah, that's perfect). Now, I don't want him taking out anyone or being a detriment to the team, and I just feel like that's coming from him at any moment. We'll see. So far he's played his role well. He pointed at a guy, laid a rough hit, and fought the guy he pointed at. That's "The Code" to a T.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Downie_2.0.gif

The Downie point from last night. He's just a scary man.

The kid definitely has a screw loose.

I sometimes think that the Pens sign these guys just so that they can't do something gruesome and career-ending to Sid or Geno. :nod:

To his credit though Downie is a pretty decent player when he just plays.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sometimes think that the Pens sign these guys just so that they can't do something gruesome and career-ending to Sid or Geno. :nod:

He's partly deaf so whether that is part of some of his on-ice issues, who knows, but he's a chippy player but he can be a good player when he doesn't take penalties and he moves his feet - having Rick Tocchet there as an assistant can help him

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same things have been and are said about Matt Cooke.

True. And he could have had a career without being a complete and total waste of skin. Downie is less of a POS but I rate them as similar players.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, seeing as Downie nearly ended Sid's year a few seasons back with a awkward leg grasping takedown, it could make sense. I actually think they signed Downie because of this:
As long as he avoids this: and the like...he'll be fine. As long as he's not toeing over that line.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's partly deaf so whether that is part of some of his on-ice issues, who knows, but he's a chippy player but he can be a good player when he doesn't take penalties and he moves his feet - having Rick Tocchet there as an assistant can help him

Yeah, he had surgery prior to the season to help w/ hearing and balance issues again. As far as offensive production, nothing thus far, but he's been part of a great third line that's Corsi'ing the crap out of teams. GOOOOO CORSI! Really though, they're cycling/possessing/drawing penalties. Good things.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he had surgery prior to the season to help w/ hearing and balance issues again. As far as offensive production, nothing thus far, but he's been part of a great third line that's Corsi'ing the crap out of teams. GOOOOO CORSI! Really though, they're cycling/possessing/drawing penalties. Good things.

He was really good with Sean Couturier and Matt Read(third line) last year when he first came over but then he deteriorated later in the season because of concussions and other struggles