• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL awards prediction thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CITptueUEAAJIeK.jpg:large

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ There is so much that I love about that pic.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky Pierre thoughts on the Habs selecting Carey Price back in 2005...

Funny choice of words by Pierre. "This is right off the reservation!"

Then a few minutes later when Duthie is interviewing Price, we learn that he has Native heritage.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here is Sun "writer" Don Brennan's thoughts on the Sens taking Erik Karlsson.

Karlsson's 'a garbage pick,'

The next time anyone slams a city's media (be it Calgary, TO, Ottawa or Edmonton) based on what an employee of the Sun Media Corp. has to say... think twice.

These idiots are a plague on literacy, reason and common sense. At best Sun papers are the 2nd paper in any city.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here is Sun "writer" Don Brennan's thoughts on the Sens taking Erik Karlsson.

The next time anyone slams a city's media (be it Calgary, TO, Ottawa or Edmonton) based on what an employee of the Sun Media Corp. has to say... think twice.

These idiots are a plague on literacy, reason and common sense. At best Sun papers are the 2nd paper in any city.

Imdont understand, while he wasn't high on the pick he didn't say he would be garbage

"Nice way to show your thanks to the fans for their support," said Brian Samuel, a regular ticket-buying customer at Scotiabank Place who was sitting in Level 2 wearing a Senators jersey and surrounded by his buddies in Leafs and Blackhawks colours.

"That's a garbage pick. They could have had him in the second round."

Thing is, we really don't know how good Karlsson can and will be. The 43rd player ever drafted into the NHL from the Frolunda hockey team in Sweden, he is advertised as a great skating defenceman with a big shot.

But he's also tiny, listed at 5-foot-10 and 157 lbs.

"I like big strong guys," said Murray, noting Karlsson has some work to do in the gym. "But I also like high-end skilled people."

Karlsson won't play in the NHL for a year or two or three, if he ever does. Real tough to get excited about him now.

I guess the last line bolded is maybe the most negative he has against it but the worst comes from the fans there... And judging by his company of other fans he doesn't seem to bright. But maybe I'm reading your post wrong

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no one at the Sun who knows hockey like Rosie DiManno does, that's for sure. Do you think we'll hear this weekend that Connor McDavid "lost a womb, but gained a penis"?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be drunk, but drunk Pix knows that Masterton pick is garbage. A stroke. A stroke in his 20s. A life threatening condition. A STROKE. Anyway, nothing else really surprised me, but I'm a super homer right now. A FREAKING STROKE.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be drunk, but drunk Pix knows that Masterton pick is garbage. A stroke. A stroke in his 20s. A life threatening condition. A STROKE. Anyway, nothing else really surprised me, but I'm a super homer right now. A FREAKING STROKE.

Being a semi-homer I think Kimmo Timonen should have gotten a nomination - the blood clots were dangerous for him and to come back was great to see - but he got the Cup and that's all that matters to him

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky Pierre thoughts on the Habs selecting Carey Price back in 2005...

He invoked the name Yann Danis as a reason why the Habs didn't need Price.

Oh, Pierre.

Sober 43 agrees.

Being a semi-homer I think Kimmo Timonen should have gotten a nomination - the blood clots were dangerous for him and to come back was great to see - but he got the Cup and that's all that matters to him

Yeah. Being a homer, I would have liked Nick Foligno's story be told as well. Letang, Kimmo and Nick Figs would have been a tight race, and I would have been happy with any one of them. Rinne too.

But you know, Dubnyk was discouraged and almost quit when he go traded in Junior.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Price is Right (and he looks like he won both showcases).

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get that kid out of Montreal before it ruins him.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good choice, only issue with him is that he missed most of the year, and that seems to tie into the award. But not always. It's just sad when you look at the last ten or so winners and the theme is pretty set...then you hit "played for Oilers".

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously pix, the voters feel that surviving the Oilers (and Edmonton) is tougher than surviving a stroke. As somebody who has been to Edmonton on several occasions, it's closer than you think.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously pix, the voters feel that surviving the Oilers (and Edmonton) is tougher than surviving a stroke. As somebody who has been to Edmonton on several occasions, it's closer than you think.

My head hurts, I seem to have lost some feeling in my left side, and I can't find the words to explain my situation. *raspy whisper* Edmonnnnntonnnn