• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

[NHL Awards] Masterton Trophy: Perseverance and Dedication to Hockey

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliotte Friedman made a pretty strong case for JovoCop to at least get a nomination after his offseason hip surgery.

Definitely better choice than Jagr.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All worthy candidates. I'm clearly biased so I like Moore being up there, think he may even win. But Harding battling MS, playing when he can, idk how much more dedicated you could be? :noidea:

Letang, and coming back from his stroke.

Harding won it last year, they never repeat for this award (not sure if the rules say that you can't repeat, but it doesn't happen)

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Malhotra is destined to win this

Remembering "back in the day" when the rag$ drafted Malhotra as their #1. John "I hate Ted Nolan" Muckler was the head coach then and the rag$ crucified him for saying Malhotra would probably wind up being a good 3rd line center (not exactly how the PR machine wanted to spin their #1 pick). All these years later and Muckler was right. Malhotra has had a fine career...but primarily as a checker.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable, I mean, I guess he can't even be nominated again?

I don't think there's a rule in either case. But the teams each submit one name to the league and the the league decides the finalists. I can't imagine Minny didn't send his name, much like I doubt there is any way that Pitt didn't nominate Letang.

Not saying Harding should win it again. Just pointing out he's among the far better nominees than Jagr.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's a rule in either case. But the teams each submit one name to the league and the the league decides the finalists. I can't imagine Minny didn't send his name, much like I doubt there is any way that Pitt didn't nominate Letang.

Not saying Harding should win it again. Just pointing out he's among the far better nominees than Jagr.

Okay, good to know. I'm not really sure about being a multiple winner of the award or if it's against it or not.

I couldn't think of somebody off the top of my head from Minnesota to be nominated, outside of Harding. I do think the NHL made the right choice with Moore and Maholta, but any one of Stammer, Letang, JovoCop, Foligno, would have been good choices. Believe Matt Stajan lost his child this year and battled adversity, think Calgary would have nominated him and he could have been ahead of Jagr.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, good to know. I'm not really sure about being a multiple winner of the award or if it's against it or not.

I couldn't think of somebody off the top of my head from Minnesota to be nominated, outside of Harding. I do think the NHL made the right choice with Moore and Maholta, but any one of Stammer, Letang, JovoCop, Foligno, would have been good choices. Believe Matt Stajan lost his child this year and battled adversity, think Calgary would have nominated him and he could have been ahead of Jagr.

Burke nominated himself for overcoming Poonerman and Sir Psycho Sexy

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jagr nomination is like one that occurs in a year where there's no good candidates...but, there are endless candidates this year. I immediately thought of Harding, but after winning last year I thought that's probably why he didn't make the cut...but there are soooo mannnyyy candidates. Jovanoski is another one. Letang had a freaking stroke. Stamkos shattered his leg. But Jagr? He persevered over being old and is still good. He's so dedicated to the game that he still plays and makes millions without complaint! I'm a Jags fangirl too...love that guy.