• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Action - 3/8/14

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that POS Matt Cooke had a knee-on-knee hit on Nickhuskin (sp?) as well...

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the lowlights of that. Goaltender got head-butted and it looks like Matt Kooke intentiionally kneed some dude.

It was Nichushkin he hit. The kid has been damn good as a raw rookie (2013 draft).

Of course Cooke saw a promising young player who's already miles better than him and did what could to put a stop to that.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob

Rov

SKY

Arty Party has a new career high in goals with his 19th.

And it was a beauty.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Dallas forever and always, but I kinda want them to win this one.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss something?

Which goal are you talking about?

The one where Bernier had it and maybe the whistle had blown - if the refs clearly see that the ref behind the net was pointing at the net calling it a goal(which he did), then it should definitely be a goal - I don't know what the other refs were thinking - if the ref isn't behind the net watching the puck go in, the other refs shouldn't be blowing the whistle nor calling it no goal because they can't see it like the ref behind the net

The league should really consider throwing out the "blown whistle" rule and be able to review and call it a goal whether the whistle was blown or not, because you can't really judge when the whistle was blown, that's arbitrary

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one where Bernier had it and maybe the whistle had blown - if the refs clearly see that the ref behind the net was pointing at the net calling it a goal(which he did), then it should definitely be a goal - I don't know what the other refs were thinking - if the ref isn't behind the net watching the puck go in, the other refs shouldn't be blowing the whistle nor calling it no goal because they can't see it like the ref behind the net

The league should really consider throwing out the "blown whistle" rule and be able to review and call it a goal whether the whistle was blown or not, because you can't really judge when the whistle was blown, that's arbitrary

I see.

The rule though, is that the ref blows the whistle when he loses sight of the puck.

You can absolutely review when the whistle was blown. What I find suspect is when the ref pulls the "I intended to blow the whistle but hadn't done it yet" card. Maybe they should get rid of that.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see.

The rule though, is that the ref blows the whistle when he loses sight of the puck.

You can absolutely review when the whistle was blown. What I find suspect is when the ref pulls the "I intended to blow the whistle but hadn't done it yet" card. Maybe they should get rid of that.

I just think the refs need to do a better job of working with each other and see what each ref is doing - if one ref is calling it a goal and the other blows the whistle, it should be like the tie goes to the runner(wrong analogy most likely), if one guy calls it a goal and the other blows the whistle, wouldn't you probably trust the one who called it a goal because he clearly saw it go in? They should be able to review those types of plays where one ref calls it a goal and the other thinks differently, because maybe one ref saw something different that the other one didn't and they could get the call right

Of course the ref at the side of the net or the ref at the blueline thinks it didn't go in, they can't see anything, unlike the ref behind the net - the ref behind the net should be able to take full authority on that and call it a goal - it's like in football where one ref can over rule the other

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks whipping the Habs tonight - 4-0