• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Action - 3/23/14

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except those folks in Toronto. Man they're imploding like it's Game 7 of the 2013 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against Boston

:behindsofa:

125232.gif

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 goals on 7 shots? Anybody else think Riemer is purposely tanking because he lost his starting job?

No, I think he's going through a bad stretch. Which sometimes happens when you barely play for a month and a half and then get thrown into important games.

I also wouldn't be totally surprised if the skate to the head that he took from Stoll in the L.A. game is still affecting him. Especially keeping in mind that this is an organization that hasn't seemed to handle head injuries/concussions (including Reimer's two years ago) all that well recently.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except those folks in Toronto. Man they're imploding like it's Game 7 of the 2013 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against Boston

:behindsofa:

They're not really doing anything different than they have all year. In this short stretch we're just seeing what this team looks like when they don't get borderline Vezina-level goaltending like they got for last season and most of this season. It's not a very good team, with bad depth and no system/structure/anything from the coach.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think he's going through a bad stretch. Which sometimes happens when you barely play for a month and a half and then get thrown into important games.

I also wouldn't be totally surprised if the skate to the head that he took from Stoll in the L.A. game is still affecting him. Especially keeping in mind that this is an organization that hasn't seemed to handle head injuries/concussions (including Reimer's two years ago) all that well recently.

Looked to me like his timing was off by a fraction of a second in last night's game, and a lot of things could contribute to that. The tensions with the coach could be a huge factor. He could be out there thinking he needs to prove Carlyle wrong. When you over think the save you want to make, your timing goes off.

Reimer is a solid goalie and to blame him for what the Leafuses are going through is a total cop out.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, Zack Kassian made his one good play of the night on the Richardson goal, time to be invisible for the rest of the evening.

who knew???

Zack Kassian has four assists in the past two hours.

Cody Hodgson has four assists in the past month.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kassian had a heck of a game last night (as did David Booth).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jebus ??? ... Kassian also has more even strength points than Coho ... I know ... I know ... Coho is surrounded by shite players ... but fuck ... Kassian has had to play with this guy!!!???

BjddEdaCYAA9DhO.jpg

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked to me like his timing was off by a fraction of a second in last night's game, and a lot of things could contribute to that. The tensions with the coach could be a huge factor. He could be out there thinking he needs to prove Carlyle wrong. When you over think the save you want to make, your timing goes off.

Reimer is a solid goalie and to blame him for what the Leafuses are going through is a total cop out.

For sure. And unfortunately cop outs tend to gain a lot of popularity with fans if they get pushed hard enough. When they miss the playoffs he'll get all of the blame, and then he'll be traded for next to nothing. And probably flourish elsewhere. It's the Grabbo tactic all over again (he was the whole reason they lost game 7 you know! Cost them a Stanley Cup parade last year...)