• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Supplemental Draft

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams select another OT in the 5th round.

Isaiah Battle OT out of Clemson.

images

6'6" 280 lb 22 yo

Rams select Clemson's Isaiah Battle in supplemental draft - NFL.com

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this kids was one of the best athlete's in the SD. He won't play this year, but Rams brass will have him groomed for next season!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supplemental Draft Format
The order of draft priority for the supplemental draft is essentially determined by record, but there's actually a bit of a lottery system at play behind the scenes. All 32 teams are placed into three tiers, the first of which includes teams with six or fewer wins. The team with the worst record gets the best chance at earning top priority within that group. The second tier consists of the rest of the non-playoff teams and uses the same weighted system.

The final group consists of the 12 playoff teams from last season, and also follows the same weighted system as the previous two tiers.

Teams submit a list of players they are interested in, and which round of the draft they'd like to select that player in, with the players ultimately going to the team that submits the highest bid. When a team is awarded a player, they then forfeit the corresponding pick for that round in the following year's actual NFL Draft. The last player taken in the supplemental draft was Josh Gordon in 2012, and the Cleveland Browns lost a second-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft for selecting Gordon in the second round of that year's supplemental draft.

Eligible Players
OT Isaiah Battle, Clemson
DE Darrius Caldwell, West Georgia
DT Dalvon Stuckey, West Georgia
DE Eric Eiland, Houston
TE Sean McQuillan, UConn
DB Kevin Short, Kansas
WR Adrian Wilkins, North Carolina Central

Schedule
There is no event held around the supplemental draft, as it happens behind closed doors. Any one of the seven players actually getting selected this year isn't a given by any means, with Battle being the most likely by far. If any player is selected, the NFL will provide a release with the news. The supplemental draft does have an official start time of 1 p.m. ET on Thursday, however, so look for news around that time.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This leaves us only 5 picks in the 2016 giving up our 5th rounder.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somebody's getting traded

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEB - I don't think we'll trade anybody. It's just a nice protection for any injuries that may occur.

After missing out on the guy from LSU, Fisher will take his chances with this guy. After all, it's a 5th rounder with the high risk/high reward scenario.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, TEB - I meant Red Chaos!

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What baffles me here is we gave up a 5th round pick to get this guy. Why didn't be just take a risk on Collins with a 7th rounder and it wouldn't have cost us anything? It seems this guy's naughty list is worse than Collins'. Don't get me wrong, I like the pick, but just not understanding the Rams front office.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What baffles me here is we gave up a 5th round pick to get this guy. Why didn't be just take a risk on Collins with a 7th rounder and it wouldn't have cost us anything? It seems this guy's naughty list is worse than Collins'. Don't get me wrong, I like the pick, but just not understanding the Rams front office.

It's not like both options were on the table at the same time. They missed/passed on Collins (the whole league passed on him in the draft btw, even the team he ended up with), then later decided to put in a bid for Battle when he was confirmed for the supplemental draft.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know... I think we should get 1 more OT just to be sure. :pound:

:clap:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember some people wanting a draft entirely of linemen. They almost got their wish...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember some people wanting a draft entirely of linemen. They almost got their wish...
I think a few of us said that, but for most I think it was an exaggeration of the essentials. :nod:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind this kid actually. 22 years old and 6'6 280..? Dayum!!

Another project but goodness... We have some young boys on that Oline about to go to war in the NFC West!!

This ain't the Missouri Valley Conf

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind this kid actually. 22 years old and 6'6 280..? Dayum!!

Another project but goodness... We have some young boys on that Oline about to go to war in the NFC West!!

This ain't the Missouri Valley Conf

Solid project for a 5th round pick. No complaints here either.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fisher is gonna have a damn good offensive line once he gets the pieces in place. In 2015 draft the Rams and Fisher drafted tackles back to back to back in the second,third, and fourth round something i don't think i've ever seen him do getting three that early in the draft getting Rob Havenstein,Jamon Brown,Andrew Donnal. Crazy that he drafted three offensive tackles with his first four picks. In the sixth he also got guard Cody Wichmann. Also before getting Isiah Battle recently they brought in undrafted rookie left tackle Darrell Williams who played two years at South Florida. The team has also picked up Garrett Reynolds who can play guard and tackle. Thats a lot of offensive linemen. Fisher always had great lines at Tennessee and usually drafted middle to late rounds for offensive linemen.

I think Fisher will have a really good offensive line next season. He could have a damn good running game with Gurley and Tre Mason. Also looks like Fisher finally found himself a QB in Nick Foles. I like a lot of what Fisher has done and he and Gregg Williams usually field top ten defenses together. They beat Oakland 52-0,Washington 24-0 and Denver 22-7 in a three game stretch last season. I think St Louis could challenge the Seahawks and Cards this season for the division. Won't be easy they start with Seattle,Pittsburgh,Arizona and Green Bay before the bye man thats tough.

Count me in as someone who never wanted Fisher to leave Tennessee. He ultimately left because of VY and sick of fighting and Bud Adams butting in. Former Titans GM Floyd Reese said on his radio show the other night that Fisher and him both wanted Jay Cutler but Bud Adams overruled and wanted VY. Cutler was really good if you go back and look at his first few years. I think things would've been much different had Bud Adams not interfered. Tennessee was one of the best teams in the league from 1999-2008. After that it imploded. The drafting of VY ruined everything eventually including Fisher leaving. Oakland/Al Davis,Washington/Dan Snyder,Cleveland/Haslam and Tennessee/Adams all these teams were hurt by owners meddling.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fisher is gonna have a damn good offensive line once he gets the pieces in place. In 2015 draft the Rams and Fisher drafted tackles back to back to back in the second,third, and fourth round something i don't think i've ever seen him do getting three that early in the draft getting Rob Havenstein,Jamon Brown,Andrew Donnal. Crazy that he drafted three offensive tackles with his first four picks. In the sixth he also got guard Cody Wichmann. Also before getting Isiah Battle recently they brought in undrafted rookie left tackle Darrell Williams who played two years at South Florida. The team has also picked up Garrett Reynolds who can play guard and tackle. Thats a lot of offensive linemen. Fisher always had great lines at Tennessee and usually drafted middle to late rounds for offensive linemen.

I think Fisher will have a really good offensive line next season. He could have a damn good running game with Gurley and Tre Mason. Also looks like Fisher finally found himself a QB in Nick Foles. I like a lot of what Fisher has done and he and Gregg Williams usually field top ten defenses together. They beat Oakland 52-0,Washington 24-0 and Denver 22-7 in a three game stretch last season. I think St Louis could challenge the Seahawks and Cards this season for the division. Won't be easy they start with Seattle,Pittsburgh,Arizona and Green Bay before the bye man thats tough.

Count me in as someone who never wanted Fisher to leave Tennessee. He ultimately left because of VY and sick of fighting and Bud Adams butting in. Former Titans GM Floyd Reese said on his radio show the other night that Fisher and him both wanted Jay Cutler but Bud Adams overruled and wanted VY. Cutler was really good if you go back and look at his first few years. I think things would've been much different had Bud Adams not interfered. Tennessee was one of the best teams in the league from 1999-2008. After that it imploded. The drafting of VY ruined everything eventually including Fisher leaving. Oakland/Al Davis,Washington/Dan Snyder,Cleveland/Haslam and Tennessee/Adams all these teams were hurt by owners meddling.

That really sucks when your owner intervenes with a coaches decision making. What the hell did he hire him for in the first place?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could throw in the cowboys in the mix, they do better when jerry doesn't make to many decisions