• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Roundtables: Where the Kickers at?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very cool series. It really gives you a peek behind the curtain for some of the most important plays and games in NFL history. Gives you an idea of the psyche behind a lot of these guys. It's also cool to watch the greats talk about each other's game and what they respected about each other. Sure, there's some chest pushed out, ego stroking moments here and there... but overall it's damn good.

One thing I am really disappointed in... Where are the kickers? I swear, I would be really interested to watch a roundtable of the greatest kickers ever sitting around and talking about their careers. Their biggest kicks. Their biggest MISSED kicks, especially. Their most pressure filled moments. Even hear some funny stories about when they were forced to make a tackle or make a real football play on a fake field goal. I am sure all the standing around they do at practice and on Sunday's that they have some funny ass stories as well.

The mental aspect of kicking has always made the position fascinating to me. I hope they make them apart of this. Punters? Sorry, don't care. Kickers? Please, sit down and talk for me. I mean, it's such a non-football position and I won't dispute that. But so many of the games biggest moments come from and surround a kicker either being heroic or failing. That is inherently interesting television, IMO.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic, Bears fan wanting to talk to Kickers....

tenor.gif

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll sit this thread out do to the Pats situation this year.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that would be interesting. Kickers are arguably the most underrated position on the team, given that historically they are the players that score most points over time. I would not leave out punters though. Their contribution is also important and measurable, if not by points.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that would be interesting. Kickers are arguably the most underrated position on the team, given that historically they are the players that score most points over time. I would not leave out punters though. Their contribution is also important and measurable, if not by points.

Not saying that their job I unimportant. I am saying that it's incredibly uninteresting and that they never find themselves thrust into a huge situation. The fact is that when punters come onto the field? The opposing team and their fans are happy to see them. Your team isn't happy to see you. That's inherently uninteresting.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Hanson is easily in my Top Five Lions of my lifetime.

That says more of the franchise I root for than it does Big Daddy Jay though.