• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be very careful responding to your post because what you've inadvertently done is outlined every reason on earth for trading him here. So let's take a look...

"Sexual predator" is subjective and because there have only been allegations and zero charges one must conclude that his actions were those of sexual "proclivity" and not predatory. It still surprises me how publicly backward the U.S. is in general when the subject is sex. I know that there remain 4 outstanding cases involving Mr. Watson, but since two separate grand juries haven't found cause to move against him, It's just a matter of time before they are settled as well. When/if other women come forward with similar accusations, they too will be seen as his desire and nothing more. Not one of us could pass a public look into our sexual lives without facing similar negative scrutiny.

"Bad guy?" really?? not so fast my friend, we've had much worse continue to play in the league, three that I can easily think of are Ray Lewis, Big Ben, and in another way Peyton Manning. (ruined the defensive part of the game)

It should have been Washington, that traded for his services. I still stand by that position and offer the following as reason(s) why.

This is what you've written:

"Suspended this year or not, the Browns can embrace for a super long 2 seasons of nothing but distraction because of it."

I counter with the Washington Commanders, who without him are in the midst of nothing but distraction after distraction, seemingly going on without an obvious end and apparently have no moral or probity standards as an organization. Adding one more seems in line with normality in DC and without additional weight to the dysfunction already typical of this organization. So, for all of the outrage and piety that some choose to selectively exhibit, we must admit that it is far better to point at others than it is for us to look at ourselves and the team that we all support. I don't know how old you are, or if you have a wealth of historical knowledge, but just in case, we've seen this all before. (Some of these guys went on to win SBs and or notable places in NFL lore.

The NFL All-Time All-Criminal Team - TheSportster

With respect to wins, do you know what these numbers represent? 4, 6, 5, 10, 3, 4, 9, 8, 7, 7, 3, 7, 7.

Welp, since 2009, they represent the number of wins that this franchise managed to give us each year thereafter. A top 2 QB, even if he gets a first-year suspension, by his presence alone offers long-term stability at the position and a favorite status to make playoffs and win titles for as long as he's able to play.
watson isnt a top 2 qb

look if we got another owner then maybe you can do it but not now

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watson isnt a top 2 qb

look if we got another owner then maybe you can do it but not now
Ok, whatever man. There's Mahomes/ Watson or Watson/Mahomes then everyone else.

Daniel Snyder isn't going away, and I believe that one of our fellow posters has outlined our situation perfectly with "Being a Commanders fan is like being in love with a bitch you can't stand." Perhaps it's time to accept it or move on. Well, accept it, because if we're honest, few if any will actually move on.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be very careful responding to your post because what you've inadvertently done is outlined every reason on earth for trading him here. So let's take a look...

"Sexual predator" is subjective and because there have only been allegations and zero charges one must conclude that his actions were those of sexual "proclivity" and not predatory. It still surprises me how publicly backward the U.S. is in general when the subject is sex. I know that there remain 4 outstanding cases involving Mr. Watson, but since two separate grand juries haven't found cause to move against him, It's just a matter of time before they are settled as well. When/if other women come forward with similar accusations, they too will be seen as his desire and nothing more. Not one of us could pass a public look into our sexual lives without facing similar negative scrutiny.
66 different massage therapist when the team provides such therapist says you are a predator.
"Bad guy?" really?? not so fast my friend, we've had much worse continue to play in the league, three that I can easily think of are Ray Lewis, Big Ben, and in another way Peyton Manning. (ruined the defensive part of the game)

It should have been Washington, that traded for his services. I still stand by that position and offer the following as reason(s) why.

This is what you've written:

"Suspended this year or not, the Browns can embrace for a super long 2 seasons of nothing but distraction because of it."
Meaning, they will get 0 wins this year for signing Watson (suspended) and how many wins in year 2 when the predator returns?
I counter with the Washington Commanders, who without him are in the midst of nothing but distraction after distraction, seemingly going on without an obvious end and apparently have no moral or probity standards as an organization. Adding one more seems in line with normality in DC and without additional weight to the dysfunction already typical of this organization. So, for all of the outrage and piety that some choose to selectively exhibit, we must admit that it is far better to point at others than it is for us to look at ourselves and the team that we all support. I don't know how old you are, or if you have a wealth of historical knowledge, but just in case, we've seen this all before. (Some of these guys went on to win SBs and or notable places in NFL lore.
As an organization, we need to and have distanced ourselves from the Watsons, Browns, Newtons or any other malcontent who thinks they are more important than the team, women or anything else for that matter.

The NFL All-Time All-Criminal Team - TheSportster

With respect to wins, do you know what these numbers represent? 4, 6, 5, 10, 3, 4, 9, 8, 7, 7, 3, 7, 7.

Welp, since 2009, they represent the number of wins that this franchise managed to give us each year thereafter. A top 2 QB, even if he gets a first-year suspension, by his presence alone offers long-term stability at the position and a favorite status to make playoffs and win titles for as long as he's able to play.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
66 different massage therapist when the team provides such therapist says you are a predator.

Meaning, they will get 0 wins this year for signing Watson (suspended) and how many wins in year 2 when the predator returns?

As an organization, we need to and have distanced ourselves from the Watsons, Browns, Newtons or any other malcontent who thinks they are more important than the team, women or anything else for that matter.
"66 different massage therapist when the team provides such therapist says you are a predator."

Perhaps to you, it does, but it actually suggests that this man has a desire for different MT's. By definition(s) we are all predators in some form or fashion but your use of it insists upon a less than desirable, public rejection of that sort of person. Once again, zero charges, and civil cases do not rise to the level that you're trying to apply here.

"Meaning, they will get 0 wins this year for signing Watson (suspended) and how many wins in year 2 when the predator returns?

Yep, zero wins with him as a suspended starter, but a likely deep playoff run in year 2, year 3, year 4, etc., etc.

"As an organization, we need to and have distanced ourselves from the Watsons, Browns, Newtons or any other malcontent who thinks they are more important than the team, women or anything else for that matter."

If the NFL implemented that as a standard for their league, the entire Washington organization would be the first to have to go, and in fact, the entire league would have to disband. I don't know where this pristine notion of the NFL comes from but I assure you, there are no choirboys in professional sports, especially the National Football League.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, whatever man. There's Mahomes/ Watson or Watson/Mahomes then everyone else.

Daniel Snyder isn't going away, and I believe that one of our fellow posters has outlined our situation perfectly with "Being a Commanders fan is like being in love with a bitch you can't stand." Perhaps it's time to accept it or move on. Well, accept it, because if we're honest, few if any will actually move on.
really , allen ? rogers ? brady ? wilson mahomes ? , jackson ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all of them are better
You're entitled to your opinion, however in the last season that he played Watson's numbers were better than all but two players, Rogers and Mahomes, (Rogers is now on the downside of his career) which leaves Watson and Mahomes. None have surpassed either of these guys.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're entitled to your opinion, however in the last season that he played Watson's numbers were better than all but two players, Rogers and Mahomes, (Rogers is now on the downside of his career) which leaves Watson and Mahomes. None have surpassed either of these guys.
Allen afc title game , rogers 3x mvp including the last 2 , Brady goat Wilson 2 Super Bowls one win , Jackson MVP Watson ……..66 massage therapists and a 4-12 record when he last played

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are more than a few QBs who are better than Watson. He is good but 2nd overall.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many times I've given you all accuracy and time then proves me right. So, rather than going in circles, I'm going to end this with an enthusiastic We'll See,!! and wait for time, once again to open closed eyes.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Bezos said the hell with owning a team I want broadcast rights.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doing away with classic lbs is in conjunction with this

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now this could change the dynamics

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now this could change the dynamics
I would think that what is going on with Snyder/Goodell and Congress is going to hurt Watson and Cleveland. If they just slap Watson on the wrist then the NFL is going to look like it just doesn't care how women are treated.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that what is going on with Snyder/Goodell and Congress is going to hurt Watson and Cleveland. If they just slap Watson on the wrist then the NFL is going to look like it just doesn't care how women are treated.
could be in play but the calls of racism will permeate because dude had bad timing and everyone defaults to race now

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"66 different massage therapist when the team provides such therapist says you are a predator."

Perhaps to you, it does, but it actually suggests that this man has a desire for different MT's. By definition(s) we are all predators in some form or fashion but your use of it insists upon a less than desirable, public rejection of that sort of person. Once again, zero charges, and civil cases do not rise to the level that you're trying to apply here.

"Meaning, they will get 0 wins this year for
Trying to imply? Dude has a serious issue clearly.
Watson (suspended) and how many wins in year 2 when the predator returns?

Yep, zero wins with him as a suspended starter, but a likely deep playoff run in year 2, year 3, year 4, etc., etc.
Likely not with all the clamoring, protesting each week, distractions galore and no playoffs.
"As an organization, we need to and have distanced ourselves from the Watsons, Browns, Newtons or any other malcontent who thinks they are more important than the team, women or anything else for that matter."

If the NFL implemented that as a standard for their league, the entire Washington organization would be the first to have to go, and in fact, the entire league would have to disband. I don't know where this pristine notion of the NFL comes from but I assure you, there are no choirboys in professional sports, especially the National Football League.
Nope, only the Snyder's would have to go. That old regime is gone with exception of them. I'm sure danny boy has a few secrets on some good old boys but who cares. Everything I read says as an owner you are ok with a predator of women like Watson and you would have made this move yourself. That team not only signed him under this premise, they gave him $230M guaranteed. Just insane stupidity from a moral stand point and you think this will just go away? Not ok with it and glad he is not our problem. There will be other QB's we can court without the baggage every year.