• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leave it to some asshole to spoil a good time.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes absolutely no sense

Yes it does! They needed a scapegoat, and he was the easiest, most believable person to point at on the staff. (Completely undeserved though)

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think firing Wilks is a knee jerk reaction or scapegoat, you have not been watching the Niners this year. He should have been fired in mid season.

We struggled against the run, went stretches of the season without getting pressure on the QB and regressed in way too many areas on defense.

It was obvious Kyle didn't like him either. Made him come down from the booth to the sideline during the season .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making him the scapegoat Kyle Shanahan is the one that has blown it
That defense held Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs to 19 points, the fault if there's going to be any true finger-pointing is on Kyle, but he won't resign and the organization won't fire him. This firing is a mistake IMO, but someone has to take the hit in true American style, Wilks becomes both the reason why they lost and the reason why they'll have renewed hope in the new guy!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think firing Wilks is a knee jerk reaction or scapegoat, you have not been watching the Niners this year. He should have been fired in mid season.

We struggled against the run, went stretches of the season without getting pressure on the QB and regressed in way too many areas on defense.

It was obvious Kyle didn't like him either. Made him come down from the booth to the sideline during the season .
Believe it or not, there are better teams in the NFL, and on any given game day another team can beat yours. The Niners were thought to be an invincible force until Baltimore exposed them and they were one of two teams still standing at the end of the playoffs.
Here are the facts:
The San Francisco 49ers ranked third in the league in scoring defense, eighth in yards allowed, tied for fifth in takeaways, and tied for seventh in sacks. The 49ers finished with a 12-5 record, winning the NFC West and securing a first-round bye.

So you want to fire this guy for doing an incredible job in his first year and shoot for your fourth DC in four years, huh? Good luck with that!

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, there are better teams in the NFL, and on any given game day another team can beat yours. The Niners were thought to be an invincible force until Baltimore exposed them and they were one of two teams still standing at the end of the playoffs.
Here are the facts:
The San Francisco 49ers ranked third in the league in scoring defense, eighth in yards allowed, tied for fifth in takeaways, and tied for seventh in sacks. The 49ers finished with a 12-5 record, winning the NFC West and securing a first-round bye.

So you want to fire this guy for doing an incredible job in his first year and shoot for your fourth DC in four years, huh? Good luck with that!
You say 4th DC as if the Niners keep firing them. The other two went on to become HCs. Wilks did not fit the Niners. Look at social media, everyone reporting on or following the club this year knew this was coming and agrees with it.

Don't just look at stats and act like you know what the story is. This is not surprising at all.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say 4th DC as if the Niners keep firing them. The other two went on to become HCs. Wilks did not fit the Niners. Look at social media, everyone reporting on or following the club this year knew this was coming and agrees with it.

Don't just look at stats and act like you know what the story is. This is not surprising at all.
Does it matter how they changed DCs? Wilks is the 4th in 4 seasons. I don't give a flat damn about social media, he did a fine job this year and is being scapegoated, that's obvious!

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter how they changed DCs? Wilks is the 4th in 4 seasons. I don't give a flat damn about social media, he did a fine job this year and is being scapegoated, that's obvious!
What's obvious is you have no idea about the team. Here's a few inside sources for you

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other two DC's prior to Wilks got there first jobs as a head coach.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's obvious is you have no idea about the team. Here's a few inside sources for you

I'm corresponding with you, not some people who have their opinions about what happened. I'll admit that S.F. is not the team that I follow, in exchange for an admission from you that you're hurt and/or disappointed that your team didn't finish as you'd hoped, fair?

Those opinions may have merit, most truisms do but when you look at the facts, that tells the story because truth always trumps opinion. Now, if you want to challenge what those facts, are and/or what's truthful, let's have at it.

So, to counter those opinions here are a few facts. Wilks is being scapegoated and the evidence is as follows... Kyle has been to 3 SBs, two of them without Wilks and he's lost them all... common denominator...Kyle!

Don't get me wrong Kyle is a fine coach, in fact, one of the best in the league, but you don't give Superman that much time on the clock needing a TD to win after you've settled for a FG. All of that was on Kyle because as he said, he was playing for the third possession in overtime.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm corresponding with you, not some people who have their opinions about what happened. I'll admit that S.F. is not the team that I follow, in exchange for an admission from you that you're hurt and/or disappointed that your team didn't finish as you'd hoped, fair?

Those opinions may have merit, most truisms do but when you look at the facts, that tells the story because truth always trumps opinion. Now, if you want to challenge what those facts, are and/or what's truthful, let's have at it.

So, to counter those opinions here are a few facts. Wilks is being scapegoated and the evidence is as follows... Kyle has been to 3 SBs, two of them without Wilks and he's lost them all... common denominator...Kyle!

Don't get me wrong Kyle is a fine coach, in fact, one of the best in the league, but you don't give Superman that much time on the clock needing a TD to win after you've settled for a FG. All of that was on Kyle because as he said, he was playing for the third possession in overtime.
It is not a fact he's being scapegoated, that is your opinion. How in the world can you say that's a fact? How can you also dismiss people's opinions who are closer and more involved with the club than you or me?

You're literally throwing out all evidence and just putting your opinion as a fact.

Wilks did not fit what Lynch and Kyle are going for. Wilks did not mesh well with the key players on defense and the team was declining as the season went on defensively.

Cry about him being a scapegoat all you want. That's not what is happening. The team has said nothing but positive things about him today, it just wasn't a good fit and that was obvious to anyone who watched.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a missed Xtra point and punt that just happens to hit a 9er 15 yards from the end zone had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. Easier fo find other narrative.

One thing I can promise anyone here is no one here knows if this was a scapegoat or not. It's just an opinion.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not a fact he's being scapegoated, that is your opinion. How in the world can you say that's a fact? How can you also dismiss people's opinions who are closer and more involved with the club than you or me?

You're literally throwing out all evidence and just putting your opinion as a fact.

Wilks did not fit what Lynch and Kyle are going for. Wilks did not mesh well with the key players on defense and the team was declining as the season went on defensively.

Cry about him being a scapegoat all you want. That's not what is happening. The team has said nothing but positive things about him today, it just wasn't a good fit and that was obvious to anyone who watched.
Stlducks...were you a Rams fan or have you always been a 49ers fan?

Seems most Rams fans have gone over to the chiefs.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stlducks...were you a Rams fan or have you always been a 49ers fan?

Seems most Rams fans have gone over to the chiefs.
I've been a Niners fan my whole life. Grew up in Iowa, dad was friends with Roger Craig from high school and that's what got me started with them.

Stl is for the Cardinals, Ducks is my local club.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Niners fan my whole life. Grew up in Iowa, dad was friends with Roger Craig from high school and that's what got me started with them.

Stl is for the Cardinals, Ducks is my local club.
Gotcha.

Crazy what Taylor swift and a super bowl will do to a fanbase...lol

I am afraid the Midwest will become Chiefs Kingdom territory.

Chiefs fanbase is taking over central Missouri, STL, and western IL.

Makes me throw up a little...lol

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha.

Crazy what Taylor swift and a super bowl will do to a fanbase...lol

I am afraid the Midwest will become Chiefs Kingdom territory.

Chiefs fanbase is taking over central Missouri, STL, and western IL.

Makes me throw up a little...lol
I noticed that when I took my 7 year old to school and there are so many kids wearing KC shirts now. They will be lost when the team goes over two years without a SB lol

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that when I took my 7 year old to school and there are so many kids wearing KC shirts now. They will be lost when the team goes over two years without a SB lol
Oh yes...the bandwagon fan..
Lol

Kids don't know any better.

Half the kids I went to school with were Bulls fans..lol