• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Brady real close to going to the Raiders before he went to Tampa? I can't remember.
Dana White reported that Brady was going to the Raiders a couple of years ago. With McD in LV, it could happen. If it isn't Brady, my money is on Jimmy. McD will want a QB that already knows his offense. I wouldn't bet against Brady landing there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Carr would request on the open market?
I think we should stop going after vets and just keep drafting qbs in any round till we get one

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should stop going after vets and just keep drafting qbs in any round till we get one
I agree but I am curious about what Carr will fetch.
Unfortunately, the last few draft have NOT been good for incoming QBs. Nobody this year really moves the needle. Perhaps next year will be better?

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Carr would request on the open market?
Good point. WHo will be the best FA Qbs on the market next year? L.Jackson will be tagged. So unless someone wants to give up 2 #1s for him, the available Qbs will be Brady, Carr, Jimmy, Geno, Heiny, White, Rush, Mayfield, Darnold, etc.

Carr will be one of the best available so he'll be able to demand more than we'd think.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. WHo will be the best FA Qbs on the market next year? L.Jackson will be tagged. So unless someone wants to give up 2 #1s for him, the available Qbs will be Brady, Carr, Jimmy, Geno, Heiny, White, Rush, Mayfield, Darnold, etc.

Carr will be one of the best available so he'll be able to demand more than we'd think.
This will be the year of the backup QB getting starter money. As you stated, there are a ton of options out there with several QBs who have been primary backups but will have the chance to get paid as a starter.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am the skins I draft haener or duggan late . In 2024 the qb class will be strong . You give Howell more snaps and see if he can be something, you develop the other guy

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the year of the backup QB getting starter money. As you stated, there are a ton of options out there with several QBs who have been primary backups but will have the chance to get paid as a starter.
There's no point in Washington looking at a backup-level QB and your great deep WR talent is wasted on Jimmy. So, the best option for QB in DC might really be Wentz or Heiny for another year while you develop younger talent or else go all in for a year with the kid Howell, thinking that if he fails, you can draft a QB in 2024.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no point in Washington looking at a backup-level QB and your great deep WR talent is wasted on Jimmy. So, the best option for QB in DC might really be Wentz or Heiny for another year while you develop younger talent or else go all in for a year with the kid Howell, thinking that if he fails, you can draft a QB in 2024.
Nothing can or should be done until the OLine is fixed. Easier said than done but 2 new Guards are needed and a tackle upgrade would be good as well.

TH is NOT a starter but a superior backup, as such, I do not believe he is the answer.

Wentz is NOT the answer as well. He has the pocket presence of a High School player and has extremely poor decision-making. He needs to be shown the door. I prefer building through the draft, but Jimmy on a 2 year deal would be the best route if I had to pick a vet to come in to mentor Howell. There again, who knows what we have in Howell?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have thoughts on the off season coming up on the football side of the house Duke That owner thread you started ( if we were the new owner ) I put my thoughts down on what I would do overall . I will get to my football plan soon Still gathering my thoughts

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have thoughts on the off season coming up on the football side of the house Duke That owner thread you started ( if we were the new owner ) I put my thoughts down on what I would do overall . I will get to my football plan soon Still gathering my thoughts
Looking forward to it as always boss.

Fingers still crossed we have a new owner sooner rather than later. I am hoping Snyder doesn't decide to stick around. I am guessing that the 7 billion dollar bids he is allegedly getting will help him decide it is time to move on. Who knows if any of the reporting is accurate on this stuff.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much is unknown because of the possible sale and when a new owner will be in place. My guess is FA and the draft will both be over.

You are correct. There are a lot of pieces in place and maybe a two or three year window with existing players. Fix the OLine and get CB and LBer depth.

See what Howell looks like and probably keep Wentz for another year if Howell is developing. I think 2024 or 2025 might be the time to look at QBs.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing can or should be done until the OLine is fixed. Easier said than done but 2 new Guards are needed and a tackle upgrade would be good as well.
TH is NOT a starter but a superior backup, as such, I do not believe he is the answer.

Wentz is NOT the answer as well. He has the pocket presence of a High School player and has extremely poor decision-making. He needs to be shown the door. I prefer building through the draft, but Jimmy on a 2 year deal would be the best route if I had to pick a vet to come in to mentor Howell. There again, who knows what we have in Howell?

100% this.

Fix the oline, and even a mediocre qb can appear greater than they actually are.

Hell, some clown reporter is even suggesting that Jalen Hurts is only an average qb playing behind an excellent oline.

Fix the oline, sign a veteran qb, draft a qb, then have the vet and howell and the rookie battle it out.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100% this.

Fix the oline, and even a mediocre qb can appear greater than they actually are.

Hell, some clown reporter is even suggesting that Jalen Hurts is only an average qb playing behind an excellent oline.

Fix the oline, sign a veteran qb, draft a qb, then have the vet and howell and the rookie battle it out.
Same thing I’ve said about hurts and purdy.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing I’ve said about hurts and purdy.

I think Hurts has grown significantly as a qb between last year and this year.

The jury’s out with Purdy though.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the car and my phone is blowing up about a Bills player that might have died on the field tonight. Prayers up for him and Bills nation. Hamlin?