• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Network ....embarrassing

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those of you that know me, know I'm a realistic Bills fan. I get that thr Bills haven't been worthy of much chat on pregames. But you know what REALLY gets me? When they're talking about the Bears probable win, and only mention of the Bills is "the fact Cyrus Kouandjio will miss the game".

First: said rookie RT was probably the worst player in the preseason...he's not starting because he stinks, not because he's hurt.

Second: Stephen Gilmore IS hurt and is our starting Corner, but there is no mention if that whatsoever.

Awesome stuff guys. Keep up the good work. Losing NFL teams are still NFL teams.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, TKO, I've been waiting for one of your rants. This one is pretty mild so far, you must still be warming up. ;)

May I just say that someone in charge over there should also tell Deion Sanders to STFU when other people are speaking? Every once in awhile, I'd actually like to hear the point someone is trying to make.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mildness must be from the win.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, TKO, I've been waiting for one of your rants. This one is pretty mild so far, you must still be warming up. ;)

May I just say that someone in charge over there should also tell Deion Sanders to STFU when other people are speaking? Every once in awhile, I'd actually like to hear the point someone is trying to make.

Same could be said for Michael Irvin.. I'm shocked someone hasn't just broke down and yelled STFU live on the set to his ass

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO, I feel your pain.

Long Version
Born and raised in Chicago we've had some very lean sports years. Or decades. Five years ago if you asked Bears fans who their favorite Bears WR of all time was, they'd either say Johnny Morris or Tom Waddle.

Anyway, I'm sure that sports fans from other cities can also make this argument, but the Bears never seem to get any "love" from the various NFL crews either. And some of our harshest critics like Merril Hoge even played for the Bears.

I don't understand why you need a panel of 4, 5 or 6 guys to tell you what you might see (pregame). And then tell you what you just saw (post game).

Short Version
Most of them irritate me also, so I rarely - and I mean, rarely - watch any of them. NFL Network, CBS, NBC, Fox or ABC. And that goes for the booth and sideline commentators too. The only 3 that I actually like (or can tolerate) are Al Michaels, Troy Aikman, and Mike Tirico.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe, you don't like the sideline commentators? But they always have such important news!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think that those shows have mutated from actually being entertaining and providing actual news to just a bunch of guys who love to hear themselves talk.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and Sapp still ''employed'' there still irks mee,.........faulke can go fukk himself too = patriot basher....!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Michaels is the one guy I still actually listen to. Aikman's not bad. I used to like Phil Simms, but he seems to have bought into the "let's only spout cliches and not offend anyone" mentality these days.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny bit on the NFL Network earlier. They asked LaDainian Tomlinson to pick the winner of the Giants/Lions game, and he immediately blurts out "LIONS!", then backs off just a tad and sheepishly explains that the Lions have home field and therefore, the advantage. These guys are just so focused on not making any waves. It's too bad.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Chef. What I like about Al Michaels and Aikman is that they tone down the "greatest athlete at his position" rhetoric and will take the time to give some attention to the seldom-mentioned players. Michaels calls a good game. And Aikman describes nicely as to why plays succeed or fail.

I really think that those shows have mutated from actually being entertaining and providing actual news to just a bunch of guys who love to hear themselves talk.

Agreed!! And you can't have a 'mutated show' without mutants.