• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL is proposing to overhaul calendar - combine in March, FA in April, draft to May

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Arrrgh!

Adam Schefter:

NFL is proposing to overhaul its calendar, pushing back the combine to early March, free agency to early April, and the draft to early May.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
yikes...I thought this time of year was bad enough as is! If they push everything back another month I'll feel like a bear in hibernation from February-March. I'd like it to remain so we are entertained and more importantly the teams get a little more time to figure out their roster.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Maybe so they can expand regular season? Only thing I can think of.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so they can expand regular season? Only thing I can think of.

Nah, their current plan for expanding the regular season is in the other direction. They want to add games in August

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2013 NFL combine -- NFL pushing for changes to offseason, sources say - ESPN

Under the proposal, all NFL teams also would kick off training camp on the same summer day, making it the official launch of the football season.

and.....

The idea is to lengthen the NFL offseason and make sure football is relevant during a longer offseason period with one big event in each month. It also would create a new revenue stream for the NFL, with each event producing added money for the league.

I'm still incredibly bitter that they felt the need to switch the draft from Saturday/Sunday to Thursday/Friday/Saturday. I'll never get over that.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is pretty ridiculous Chris. I assume they did that because of how much more money ESPN and the NFL makes on commercials on weekdays compared to weekends

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One whole extra month to get DUIs and smoke weed? Bad idea. Andre Smith would have shown up with three titties with all that extra time to grub.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, No how. The draft is already too damn far away after the end of the season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I honestly don't see a huge problem with this. The longest part of the offseason is after the draft. From May there's nothing. At least this'll just be more time to obsess over the draft & FA.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's fine as it is now but I do get why they would change it to in attempt to make the NFL relevant longer in the offseason and tap into every single penny they possibly can.

They should go all WWE on the draft.

Have some pyrotechnics and some entrance music for each draft pick.

Maybe someone getting clobbered over the head with a chair while they are doing that post getting drafted interview.

Some backstage brawls in the green room.

One of the draft picks pretending to hug Goodell but than flips him around and pile drives him instead and flips him the bird.

Instead of a jersey and hat they'll all get championship belts.

Watching Luke Jocekel getting drafted first overall and seeing Geno Smith rush on to the stage and give him the Genorator and steal the number 1 first overall all pick.

Heck they could pay per view that bad boy and make millions off of it.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's fine as it is now but I do get why they would change it to in attempt to make the NFL relevant longer in the offseason and tap into every single penny they possibly can.

Maybe someone getting clobbered over the head with a chair while they are doing that post getting drafted interview.

One of the draft picks pretending to hug Goodell but than flips him around and pile drives him instead and flips him the bird.

Watching Luke Jocekel getting drafted first overall and seeing Geno Smith rush on to the stage and give him the Genorator and steal the number 1 first overall all pick.

Nonsense, they would never allow His Majesty Goodell to be insulted like that.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most realistic post about the NFL in months. Anyone who can't see this just simply doesn't want to.