• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Head Coach Rumors/Firings/Hirings Thread

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a generic thread for all the HC stuff....

Last edited by a moderator:

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a dumb move to keep him.....most undisciplined team in league and it's a reflection of his leadership.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jay Glazer is saying Leslie Frazier will be fired after a Monday meeting with Zygi (not "Ziggy" like everybody spells it) Wilf and company.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Woody Johnson just announced that Rex Ryan will be back next year. Smart move, as far as what you could decide with just him.

Also makes me feel better because there were indications the Bucs may have had an interest in Ryan if the Jets let him go.

My dream is for Ryan to run the 49ers defense someday soon but 1) He has a shot to go straight to another HC spot in the right situation and 2) Harbaugh would almost definitely not be a good fit or even consider him (Baalke wouldn't force it on him IMO) and 3) Ryan likely wouldn't be a long term DC option).

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will happen to Mike Shanahan?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Mortensen:

Rob Chudzinski will be fired by the #Browns, per league sources.

One and done. Dang! I wanted them to keep him.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Chris Mortensen:

That one is surprising considering the roster he inherited.

I mean what were the expecting the playoffs this season with Weeden and Campbell at QB?

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody Johnson just announced that Rex Ryan will be back next year. Smart move, as far as what you could decide with just him.

Also makes me feel better because there were indications the Bucs may have had an interest in Ryan if the Jets let him go.

My dream is for Ryan to run the 49ers defense someday soon but 1) He has a shot to go straight to another HC spot in the right situation and 2) Harbaugh would almost definitely not be a good fit or even consider him (Baalke wouldn't force it on him IMO) and 3) Ryan likely wouldn't be a long term DC option).
It would also mean that Fangio would get fired and thats not gunna happen anytime soon.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Mortensen:

If we lose Roman, I wouldn't mind us hiring him to be our OC. But I think Harbaugh has his own short list of individuals he wouldn't hiring if a given coaching staff person leaves to go elsewhere.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you fire a coach after one season when he competes in an extremely tough division? It isn't like they won 1 game all season. Shouldn't they let him bring his own guys in and give it a shot before firing him? Simply absurd.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we lose Roman, I wouldn't mind us hiring him to be our OC. But I think Harbaugh has his own short list of individuals he wouldn't hiring if a given coaching staff person leaves to go elsewhere.

I have zero faith Harbaugh and company could land anybody on my list or anybody that's on the fringe of my list. It was the single biggest concern I had about the 49ers hiring him. Recall all the reports that he could deliver an "all-star" staff. Some might say he's done that already, but I'd argue against that BIG TIME and I have concerns how big his net extends among those that could be had in the NFL.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norv will possibly be on the street as well.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Norv will possibly be on the street as well.

There's NOBODY on the planet I want running an offense more than Norv Turner. He consistently runs what I think is the best system in the NFL, especially for young players. With that said, there's no way on earth in my opinion that Harbaugh would ever work with him so long as Harbaugh is a HC.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Firing a coach after one year is inexcusable. Especially given what Chudzinski was working with at QB. That team was better than expected IMO. What was the expectation playing in a division with three teams that are clearly more talented?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have zero faith Harbaugh and company could land anybody on my list or anybody that's on the fringe of my list. It was the single biggest concern I had about the 49ers hiring him. Recall all the reports that he could deliver an "all-star" staff. Some might say he's done that already, but I'd argue against that BIG TIME and I have concerns how big his net extends among those that could be had in the NFL.

Well considering we've been to an NFC Championship, Super Bowl, and now the playoffs again the staff can't be that bad :D.

But I do think we could do better at the coordinator positions and I'm not in love with the way Roman and Fangio run things.

When it comes to being an "all-star" staff I think Harbaugh looks more to building things in the mold of the Patriots where the system and scheme take to priority and he wants to build a staff that fits that and when someone leaves you just promote the next guy and keep things running smoothly.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

The #Redskins are planning for a press conference around 10 am tomorrow, where they are expected to announce their coaching change.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Mortensen:

Jay Glazer:

The Browns have fired Rob Chudzinski. Just let him go