• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL has awarded international markets to teams

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the concept images if the the Stadium in Halifax

1_4613016.jpg

Honestly....

Put it against the ocean would be a good backdrop
Other than Vancouver’s stadium, idk how the NFL would play games in any of the CFL locations.

DII schools all have bigger facilities here.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your family are fans , just a matter of time before you admit to being one also. ;)

Actually they aren't.

My kids have made the haj to watch the Seahawks, but only to see them play Dallas.

Take comfort from the fact that I'd pull for Seattle against KC or Buffalo. Might even pull for them over the Pack.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on Buffalo and New England for Canada.

Buffalo for the Ontario Market. Choice of 3 stadiums but have used one in the past.

New England for Maritimes. Granted Halifax wants to build a stadium but doesn't have one yet
Buffalo used to have a deal where they played one preseason and one regular season game in Toronto. It never really worked. They had trouble selling out the games, and even for the regular season games, the fans didn't treat the Bills like the home team. It was more of a "circus" atmosphere, with the crowd mostly quiet except for big plays.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they aren't.

My kids have made the haj to watch the Seahawks, but only to see them play Dallas.

Take comfort from the fact that I'd pull for Seattle against KC or Buffalo. Might even pull for them over the Pack.

See that how folks become fans, see the team in person, watch the players perform, admire the performance and next thing you know they are fans.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expands to 40,000 but I see your point.

Maybe that was the reason for Buffalo not coming in........

Seattle takes West. Minnesota takes east.
I just don’t see the payoff with this.

With their real “home” teams, stadiums only host 22-23K fans per game in the CFL. Less than 2million total a year for the entire league.

I don’t know exactly why the Packers stopped playing games in Milwaukee every year. But I assume it’s because they didn’t make as much as just playing all their home games in GB. Or their season ticket holders weren’t into the drive. Either way, I see a similar end.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What surprised me is you guys didn't try to make a play for Maritimes Canada( New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI and Newfoundland/Labrador)
Kraft's big business is cardboard and cardboard boxes as well as the big lumber mills that supply board lumber and the paper mills he owns. Germany may be a potential market for more than football.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge win for Minnesota getting Canada. I have a feeling the Packers really missed out here.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh cool, now the NFL can be China's latest bitch.

Yes they already are

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, the China owns Hollywood and now LA.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What surprised me is you guys didn't try to make a play for Maritimes Canada( New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI and Newfoundland/Labrador)
NE already has a hometown boy on the roster. FB Jakob Johnson, born in Stuttgart has been outstanding as one of the first International Player Pathway Program. Should certainly help build the fanbase there.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know exactly why the Packers stopped playing games in Milwaukee every year. But I assume it’s because they didn’t make as much as just playing all their home games in GB. Or their season ticket holders weren’t into the drive. Either way, I see a similar end.

They were losing money playing in Milwaukee compared to Green Bay... Lambeau Field had 20k more seats at the time (1990s) and luxury boxes vs County Stadium (old home of Brewers). Brewers since have new ballpark... but Lambeau also renovated and expanded and would lose even more money now hosting a game in Milwaukee.

Packers had started playing in Milwaukee in 1930s because at one point they could draw larger crowds in Milwaukee, Milwaukee metro area 15 times larger than Green Bay and Packers used to play in Old City Stadium that was smaller than stadiums in Milwaukee at the time. Packers moved to Lambeau in 1957 and it gradually became larger and larger and was football only field.

Last Packers game in Milwaukee 1994... those that had season tickets in Milwaukee (2 games) now have season tickets in Green Bay for 2 home games. I-43 is packed with cars going north prior to game and going south after the game to/from Green Bay and Milwaukee.

Lions and Vikings each played the most games in Milwaukee as visitors... 14 games. Bears only played there once probably due to proximity and rivalry.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the handful of players currently in the NFL with African ties.
On 1 hand the NFL is trying not to look like a colonial power whilst acting exactly like a colonial power. On the other hand they're sending out a message that African Americans matter, but African Africans...not so much.