• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Hall of Fame announces finalists for Class of 2013

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Enshrinement » Finalists for Class of 2013

Here is who was eliminated from contention since the semifinalist list was announced back in November:

Morten Anderson
Steve Atwater
Don Coryell
Roger Craig
Terrell Davis
Joe Jacoby
Albert Lewis
John Lynch
Karl Mecklenburg
Paul Tagliabue
Steve Tasker
George Young

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would think Ogden, Parcells, and Larry Allen are automatic either now or soon. Eddie D probable at some point, he has the resume but who knows how much they factor in his shady dealings.

Sapp with 7 Pro Bowls and 4 All-Pro will make it as some point, maybe not yet. And of course I always say Haley, with two DPOY and a hand full of rings - but they don't seem to like him very much. Screw Modell, though they'll probably put him in too.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enshrinement » Finalists for Class of 2013

Here is who was eliminated from contention since the semifinalist list was announced back in November:

Morten Anderson
Steve Atwater
Don Coryell
Roger Craig
Terrell Davis
Joe Jacoby
Albert Lewis
John Lynch
Karl Mecklenburg
Paul Tagliabue
Steve Tasker
George Young

Congrats and Good Luck to RC!!!

Terrell Davis - Oh what might have been - I think if Sayers is in TD deserves a nod - at some point.

Meck certainly deserves the recognition - not sure about enshrinement however, but he had quite the career for a former 12th round DP.

No Haley - Wrong!

No Eddie D!!??!! The selectors need to select to remove their heads from their asses! Eddie was suspended/barred from ownership for one year - not life.

He admitted his guilt, testified for the prosecution, served his one-year suspension and in the process lost the most important thing in his life next to his children. It is time to put the post-judgment aside and recognize!

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, and shit.....Cris Carter has to go at some point. Lacks some of the awards most inductees have, but he has the combination of greatness and the longevity that deserves it.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Congrats and Good Luck to RC!!!

Terrell Davis - Oh what might have been - I think if Sayers is in TD deserves a nod - at some point.

Meck certainly deserves the recognition - not sure about enshrinement however, but he had quite the career for a former 12th round DP.

No Haley - Wrong!

No Eddie D!!??!! The selectors need to select to remove their heads from their asses! Eddie was suspended/barred from ownership for one year - not life.

He admitted his guilt, testified for the prosecution, served his one-year suspension and in the process lost the most important thing in his life next to his children. It is time to put the post-judgment aside and recognize!

Read it again. Pozz's list of those who were ELIMINATED from the ballot.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read it again. Pozz's list of those who were ELIMINATED from the ballot.

I read it again - Clearly I'll have to put my comments on hold - Thanks!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Daniel Brown:

I asked Brent Jones about Eddie D being a Hall of Fame finalist: "I'm actually embarrassed that he's not already in. This is a no-brainer."

More Brent Jones on Eddie DeBartolo: "As good an owner as there's ever been in professional sports. There will never be another Eddie."