• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they have taken over as the favorite to win the East. I have:

Philly
Dallas
WSH
NYG

I think Philly and Dallas make the playoffs. The Dallas offense is incredible and their defense is quite good as well. I like everything the Eagles did to build their team and wish we had the same zest for getting better.

There again, I hope the Eagles fall on their face and come in last in the division.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly’s success is going to be entirely dependent on if Hurts plys better than he did last year. I know they added Bradbury to their secondary, but I still think their secondary isnt that great.

I dont know why you think the Dallas offense - minus Cooper, minus Tryon Smith, minus Gallup for a while, is going to be awesome.

I think its likely that both teams have a better record than the Redskins do at the end of the season, but I wouldnt be surprised if they are separated by two games - 11-6, 10-7, 9-8.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly’s success is going to be entirely dependent on if Hurts plys better than he did last year. I know they added Bradbury to their secondary, but I still think their secondary isnt that great.

I dont know why you think the Dallas offense - minus Cooper, minus Tryon Smith, minus Gallup for a while, is going to be awesome.

I think its likely that both teams have a better record than the Redskins do at the end of the season, but I wouldnt be surprised if they are separated by two games - 11-6, 10-7, 9-8.
Mainly because Kellen Moore and especially Dak Prescott are awesome. Prescott is a top 7-10 QB in the NFL and Kellen Moore is one of the best offensive minds in the game. I am hoping Kellen Moore is our next head coach after the Rivera experiment ends.

A good QB and good offensive coordinator mask a lot of mistakes and lack of talent.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacrilege wishing for a Dallas coach. :nono:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacrilege wishing for a Dallas coach. :nono:
Somebody is going to get him and he is going to be good. He will be in the same company with McVay, Shanahan, Taylor, and LaFleur. A young offensive mind who is a successful head coach. That is the way the NFL is trending. I hate Dallas, but somebody is going to be smart and hire Moore as a HC.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody is going to get him and he is going to be good. He will be in the same company with McVay, Shanahan, Taylor, and LaFleur. A young offensive mind who is a successful head coach. That is the way the NFL is trending. I hate Dallas, but somebody is going to be smart and hire Moore as a HC.
I am going to have to pretend I am from Missouri and say show me. Yes I know they put up a crap load of points last year .... they got a lot of help from the D. That is part of the game though. Andy Reid is the best offensive coach ... then it is Shanahan and McVay to me. Hell Kyle has yet to have a top notch QB.

I rooted for the team to hire Norv way back when. My policy since is do not ever hire a Dallas player or coach. Bad luck. Maybe it changes with the new name.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mainly because Kellen Moore and especially Dak Prescott are awesome. Prescott is a top 7-10 QB in the NFL and Kellen Moore is one of the best offensive minds in the game. I am hoping Kellen Moore is our next head coach after the Rivera experiment ends.

A good QB and good offensive coordinator mask a lot of mistakes and lack of talent.

I appreciate your opinion, and it sounds rational to me. I havent watched too many dallas games over the last few years, and thus from afar, it always seemed to me that he was working with a pretty stacked deck- 3 #1 wrs, good TE, good rb tandem, great oline.

This is to say that I havent watched enough of his games to see the way he reacts to what the defenses are doing to his unit. Thus, I dont know him to be a great coach, unlike McVay, who won the super bowl by adjusting the way he used Kupp on that drive to win the game, or Reid, or LaFleur up in Green Bay, or the Buffalo O coord, who is also a great coach.

To be honest, I think this is the year we get to see if Scott Turner has the chops his Dad had as an o-coord, especially since he now has a qb that can throw deep.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate your opinion, and it sounds rational to me. I havent watched too many dallas games over the last few years, and thus from afar, it always seemed to me that he was working with a pretty stacked deck- 3 #1 wrs, good TE, good rb tandem, great oline.

This is to say that I havent watched enough of his games to see the way he reacts to what the defenses are doing to his unit. Thus, I dont know him to be a great coach, unlike McVay, who won the super bowl by adjusting the way he used Kupp on that drive to win the game, or Reid, or LaFleur up in Green Bay, or the Buffalo O coord, who is also a great coach.

To be honest, I think this is the year we get to see if Scott Turner has the chops his Dad had as an o-coord, especially since he now has a qb that can throw deep.
I hear you. I just get the feeling that Moore is going to be the next McVay. Dallas does have a TON of talent but they put up stupid numbers and this is now an offense-driven league. I could be wrong.

My gut tells me he is legit and is a student of the game. Time will tell of course. He could get hired somewhere and go 0-16.

I would like to see us go with a younger coach who has an offensive background. That is the current trend.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be all over this

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy that didn't know how to play the game and one that didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out Kevin O'Connell who I thought deserved a chance here.