• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Champs

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So now that we clinched the division hopefully we don't have to hear any more bitching and whining about how that horrible draft we had will doom this team to top 10 picks for the next few years. A Guard when we so clearly needed whatever DL each of us wanted??? and how about that LB we drafted??? boy, do i remember how that was the worst pick ever made and how there were a half dozen better LBs and 100 better players on board at the time. Lastly, we have to give credit to how that worst defense in the HISTORY of the league played against the best young QB of the last 10 years or so to help us clinch the division. Amazing thing is if we somehow shut down Wash next week our defense could end up giving up the 4th least amount of points in the NFC. Not bad.

The moral of the story...never assume anything when it comes to sports and every team outside of the top two or three has major question marks...

Imagine if we end up with 12 wins? Any of us would have been crucified for suggesting that 4 months ago...
How true...after the 49ers I thought we would be lucky to win 5 games. It is amazing how expectations play such a huge role in how we feel about a team during the course of a season.

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless a first round bye is possible I'd keep Romo off the field too.

First round bye is not possible, at best there are 4 potential scenarios where we could get a 2-seed at most.

EDIT: Disregard that, I suck dicks

Dallas can clinch home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs with:
1) DAL win + ARI loss or tie + DET/GB tie

Dallas can clinch a first-round bye with:
1) DAL win + SEA loss or tie + ARI loss or tie
2) DAL win + DET/GB tie
3) DAL tie + ARI loss or tie + SEA tie + DET/GB does not end in a tie
4) SEA loss + ARI loss

Last edited by a moderator:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round bye is not possible, at best there are 4 potential scenarios where we could get a 2-seed at most.

considering he has gotten hurt the last 2 times he's played against Washington, he should wear a cap for the entire game.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EDIT: Disregard that, I suck dicks

Dallas can clinch home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs with:
1) DAL win + ARI loss or tie + DET/GB tie

Dallas can clinch a first-round bye with:
1) DAL win + SEA loss or tie + ARI loss or tie
2) DAL win + DET/GB tie
3) DAL tie + ARI loss or tie + SEA tie + DET/GB does not end in a tie
4) SEA loss + ARI loss

The Cowboys have stated now that they are playing to win, and they should. The realistic scenario where we get a bye is a Dallas win and an Arizona and Seattle loss. Honestly, with Arizona's QB situation, I think SF will get that done. The tough part will be the Rams beating Seattle. The game is in Seattle, so that hurts. On the positive side, it's a division game, the Rams played them to 28-26 earlier this season, and with nothing to lose, Fisher will be going for it on 4th downs and pulling out all the stops. I think Seattle probably wins by 14 or so, but the Cowboys are making the right call IMO