• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next 3 games

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think we will catch either Pitt or NYR? I doubt it. Even if we win out, it's going to be tough to catch these guys for HIA.

Uhh yes? Perhaps even both of them...

The Rags are up to their usual choke job and could easily be had, especially if we finally figure out how to beat them on the 3rd.

The Pens are scorching hot, yes, but their only loss in the last 14 games is to our Flyers and we have two contests remaining, plus four very winnable games before that next duel on the 1st.

To top it all off, if the Rags continue to slump and we manage to tie the Pens in points for the division lead, despite having fewer overall wins, we would own the tiebreaker.

It's all there for the taking, frankly. If we lose out on the division or even home ice altogether, we'll at least be pumping on all cylinders for round 1 and we have no trouble winning on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind them going all out for positioning purposes better than recent years when they dogged it going in. They roll 4 lines so everyone should be in good shape heading into the playoffs. Just get JVR and Mez back and we'll be in business.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
have to beat them eventually...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think we will catch either Pitt or NYR? I doubt it. Even if we win out, it's going to be tough to catch these guys for HIA.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I do! With the Rags sucking shit through a straw and 2 games remaining against the Penqueers...it could happen bro.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it will be very very tight, if the flyers have a good week the game sunday could mean a lot, followed by a huge game on tuesday against the shit rags.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's almost playoff time,,,are you guys going to make it

:peace:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I do! With the Rags sucking shit through a straw and 2 games remaining against the Penqueers...it could happen bro.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta stay consistent and get production from second line, like we did Saturday. Need some help from NYR's, and maybe beat them once, too.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol @ Penqueers!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't seem at all likely at this point, but if we manage to win 6 of our remaining 7 games (including both against the Pens and the one against the Rags), I like our chances to take the division. It's only 7 games, folks...anything can happen here...especially when you consider how hot Bryz is right now and that he'll likely start 6 of the 7 games with just one back to back in play. Then factor in the re-emergence of Briere as a goal scorer and we just may have a shot.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers control their own destiny for the 4th seed. If we win out (and win both Pens games in regulation and one more in regulation/OT), we take 4th at worst. To pass the Rangers, we're going to need a little backsliding. If they do any better than 4-3-0, then even winning out doesn't help us. Plus they only have Boston, Pitt and Philly as tough opponents left. Guess we'll have to hope Washington needs the last game of the season to make the playoffs.

Fun fact: The East might have four Atlantic teams clinch before any other East team does.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers control their own destiny for the 4th seed. If we win out (and win both Pens games in regulation and one more in regulation/OT), we take 4th at worst. To pass the Rangers, we're going to need a little backsliding. If they do any better than 4-3-0, then even winning out doesn't help us. Plus they only have Boston, Pitt and Philly as tough opponents left. Guess we'll have to hope Washington needs the last game of the season to make the playoffs.

Fun fact: The East might have four Atlantic teams clinch before any other East team does.

Nope. Boston will be next. Still crazy though.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rags can be had by anyone right now though. They are 10-8-2 in their last 20 games with half of those wins coming in extra time, which is extremely average. Plus, we all know how good they are at choking late in the season. I sincerely hope they get tripped up by the Wild and Jets on the road to make this really intriguing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens, 100 pts: (NYI, @NYI, @BUF, PHI, @BOS, NYR, PHI)
Flyers, 96 pts: (TB, @TOR, OTT, @PIT, NYR, BUF, @PIT)
NYR, 101 pts: (@MIN, @WIN, MON, BOS, @PHI, @PIT, WAS)

i think the best we can probably hope for is that the pens go 3-4 (aka, winning the next 3, losing the last 4).. which would leave them with 106 pts if none go to OT

for the rags, considering they're struggling, i could see them going 3-4 also (losses to boston, philly, washington, and winipeg, but beating the pens for us).. giving them 6 more points as well, for 107, if none go to OT

that means the flyers have to take 6 of 7, including the pens/rags games.. you gotta assume that the last week of the season there's as good a chance that all of them go to OT as there is that none of them do.. so while there is still hope for the flyers to get 1st, i dont see it happening

personally, i'm pretty sure its gunna end up being flyers/rags and i dont like that.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep giving up SHG's. :lol:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep giving up SHG's. :lol:

Fuck this^^^^^. I'm glad I missed this game. Sounds like Carle and Briere ( who by the way I hate) were aweful. Bryzy didn't have much activity except watching the puck in the net. Oh well.