• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New York Islanders at Philadelphia Flyers 1/18/14 | 7:00pm

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am stunned. Andrej Meszaros just scored. Twice.

When Gus comes back I hope Berube gives Mez the Brent Burns treatment. Might as well give him a shot on wing instead of scratching him.

He is on fire right now, Buff who? Put Mez on the wing till he cools off.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game lived up to the hype. Great 3rd period by the Flyers. Wow...

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game lived up to the hype. Great 3rd period by the Flyers. Wow...

These 3rd period comebacks are becoming all to commonplace these days, sure would like to win one in regulation, can't rely on the comeback because later in the season it becomes harder and harder to comeback as teams clamp down for the stretch run, but hey a win is a win so I'll take it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 3rd period comebacks are becoming all to commonplace these days, sure would like to win one in regulation, can't rely on the comeback because later in the season it becomes harder and harder to comeback as teams clamp down for the stretch run, but hey a win is a win so I'll take it.

I think 3rd period comebacks can be strenuous at times, but they build confidence & character. The Doobster isn't one to complain about 3rd period comebacks, unless it's against the Pens of course.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am stunned. Andrej Meszaros just scored. Twice.

When Gus comes back I hope Berube gives Mez the Brent Burns treatment. Might as well give him a shot on wing instead of scratching him.

The first one was the Finals winner all over again, but the Flyers scored it. Not a stellar goal, but you take what they give, right?

The second one might have some potential for top 10 of the night, or at least it would have if A) just about everyone hadn't been playing tonight, and B) Martin St. Louis never happened.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost as if the Flyers purposely tank the first two periods in rope-a-dope fashion game after game if only just to hand the opposing team the lead and lull them into a false sense of security, then pounce all over them in the third period and overtime.

I have to say that if not for Andrej Meszaros alone, we probably would've fallen so far behind through two periods that we never could've possibly recovered. It just seemed like the Islanders were skating circles around us for about two periods. They had speed and endurance to spare and we weren't quite up to speed yet. Then the third period started and both teams were playing polar opposite of how they had been playing throughout the game. The NYI took their foot completely off the gas and we throttled them for it.

Again, nice to get the two points, especially in regulation, but I come away feeling like we didn't entirely earn it. We got a giant break on the Tavares goal that was disallowed and I don't think Poulin was very good in net for them either.

Last edited by a moderator: