• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New York Giants @ SF 49ers GDT

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I bothered to point out Ponder was unmolested being a big part of that lose along with Defense, Penalties, and QB.

That was for Toby/Nonsense. He's said that about the pass rush for over a year now when it's simply not true.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're going to pick out a game here or a game there? Yes? You were saying this LAST YEAR, too.

And its always been an issue. They had some nice aggressive D line play in the playoffs last year; that much is true, but in general, even when they do pressure the passer, they let him get away.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And its always been an issue. They had some nice aggressive D line play in the playoffs last year; that much is true, but in general, even when they do pressure the passer, they let him get away.

I'd need to know which one you're arguing now. If you're going to argue that the 49ers have not pressured the QB as well as other top teams in the league, there are at least four different breakdowns that I've seen that disagree with you.

If you want to argue that they get to the QB but allow him to escape too much you may have a point there, but I'd love to see some kind of breakdown comparing just those types of plays to other teams?

If you want to argue the CONSISTENCY of the pass rush since Nolan was around you might have something, but every bit of analysis I have found on the internet suggests that it has improved greatly under Harbaugh.

I think you became real passionate on the pass rush when it was more of a problem and it bothered you, like it does many fans, and now when there's a game like this one, it's easy to go back to and say that it's been a problem for a while. That's simply not the case based on everything I've been able to gather. If somebody else has another way of looking at it, I'd love to see what it is and maybe I'll alter the way I'm looking at it.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note. This easily had to be Alex worst home game in the last 2 years. It's probably his worst game period in the last 3 years for that matter. It's usually the road games where he just manages them well enough for us to win, but at home he usually makes some plays. He hasn't played horrible at home in awhile at least.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note. This easily had to be Alex worst home game in the last 2 years. It's probably his worst game period in the last 3 years for that matter. It's usually the road games where he just manages them well enough for us to win, but at home he usually makes some plays. He hasn't played horrible at home in awhile at least.

I have a feeling this was just one bad game for Smith and will not become a pattern. The game just seemed it got away a little in the 2nd quarter from what I've been able to see so far, and they couldn't get back going. They'll beat Seattle.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd need to know which one you're arguing now. If you're going to argue that the 49ers have not pressured the QB as well as other top teams in the league, there are at least four different breakdowns that I've seen that disagree with you.

If you want to argue that they get to the QB but allow him to escape too much you may have a point there, but I'd love to see some kind of breakdown comparing just those types of plays to other teams?

If you want to argue the CONSISTENCY of the pass rush since Nolan was around you might have something, but every bit of analysis I have found on the internet suggests that it has improved greatly under Harbaugh.

I think you became real passionate on the pass rush when it was more of a problem and it bothered you, like it does many fans, and now when there's a game like this one, it's easy to go back to and say that it's been a problem for a while. That's simply not the case based on everything I've been able to gather. If somebody else has another way of looking at it, I'd love to see what it is and maybe I'll alter the way I'm looking at it.

They are much improved under Harbaugh's regime but I don't pay enough attention to other teams to know how they compare. I just know, to me at least, that what they are doing with the pass rush is not good enough.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad game. I'm pissed but shot week keys get ready for Seattle.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short week lets Get ready for seattle*

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm getting badgered already by 11 close people that I know. That's not even including the idiots I'm going to have to face tomorrow at the office. Facebook, Instagram, Text messages, twitter...I'm getting it from all over!!!

I hate this feeling. I really do.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They are much improved under Harbaugh's regime but I don't pay enough attention to other teams to know how they compare. I just know, to me at least, that what they are doing with the pass rush is not good enough.

Ok. That's backing off quite a bit. That's fine. I get it now. Thanks.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bs that we played like this and coached like this. But let's go we got Seattle.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ewwwllll!! You're a Kicks fans and a Mets fan?! I just puked in my mouth. I'm shocked that you're not a Giants fan.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, who else is losing patience with Donte Whitner? his coverage has not been good this season.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, who else is losing patience with Donte Whitner? his coverage has not been good this season.

Whitner's fine - I'm much more impatient with CR's dropped INT's

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker needs to be more aware there.

Looking through the GDT for comments that match mine as I was watching the game - Here's the first one! Walker just seemed oblivious to the entire play as both a receiver and a defender.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. That's backing off quite a bit. That's fine. I get it now. Thanks.

Well, CPozz, you can correct me if I'm wrong, but my memory is that the year before Harbaugh got here the pass rush was a real problem, we just couldn't get to the qb and it killed us in a number of close games. Maybe I'm wrong but if that is true then it might be a concern if we are reverting back to form. And I know games get away from you, and bad games happen, but we've had 2 in 7 games, that's concerning to me.