• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Xbox Series X

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they not make enough of these?? I thought I'd surprise my son for his birthday, so I waited for today (when they went on sale)... and everywhere I go - including Xbox.com - says they are out of stock!

What is going on? Is this real?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they not make enough of these?? I thought I'd surprise my son for his birthday, so I waited for today (when they went on sale)... and everywhere I go - including Xbox.com - says they are out of stock!

What is going on? Is this real?

Good luck man. I expect mine in December tbh...The scalpers/resellers are going to eat every single last one of these up until after Christmas...much less the typical high demand.

Everybody was on last night in the wee hours sucking them up. Most stores aren't even putting them on the shelves...Online only. Walmart would be your best bet as they just throw sh*t any which way...but the ones released today are more than sucked up by now...Probably all within 10 minutes, if not less.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a question. This thing will be sold out in 2 secs and then resold for triple on ebay...

Is this normal?? How do you make something available on a specific date, and then run out??

Did they just really guess wrong??

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck man. I expect mine in December tbh...The scalpers/resellers are going to eat every single last one of these up until after Christmas...much less the typical high demand.

Everybody was on last night in the wee hours sucking them up. Most stores aren't even putting them on the shelves...Online only. Walmart would be your best bet as they just throw sh*t any which way...but the ones released today are more than sucked up by now...Probably all within 10 minutes, if not less.

That is messed up...

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is messed up...

I honestly think your best bet is keep an eye on the Microsoft site itself:

Not sure which one you want (cheaper or more expensive)..but click on "buy now" for that one...then on the next page...if you notice under "standalone" option, you'll see "buy now" for a split second...then it's gone. Check every now and again. If that "buy now" shows up on that second page, click there cuz inventory came available. (If you do get to that point, don't let the errors processing credit card deter you, keep submitting until it hits...I refreshed for over a half hour before mine punched...My kid owes me...I have carpal tunnel and exhaustion right now).

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think your best bet is keep an eye on the Microsoft site itself:

Not sure which one you want (cheaper or more expensive)..but click on "buy now" for that one...then on the next page...if you notice under "standalone" option, you'll see "buy now" for a split second...then it's gone. Check every now and again. If that "buy now" shows up on that second page, click there cuz inventory came available. (If you do get to that point, don't let the errors processing credit card deter you, keep submitting until it hits...I refreshed for over a half hour before mine punched...My kid owes me...I have carpal tunnel and exhaustion right now).

Thanks. My son's birthday is next week... It sound's like I should have planned ahead...

I guess I'll get him a bike!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife told me she had an S next to her but I told her to pass.

I'm still waiting awhile before I jump in. A reviewer on youtube said his PS5 died. No need for FOMO. I can wait.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demo graphics look impressive
Terrible naming in my opinion.

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Xbox One S
Xbox One X <------------------ CURRENT
Xbox Series X <--------------- New

Next up:
Xbox One Series X ?
Xbox Series X One ?

Why not x box two

X box the Ocho

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its all backwards compatible. So you get all the games, and they perform better.

I've heard load times are going to be immensely improved. That would be nice.

I have just never been one of the early adapters on the systems. Usually wait like six months or so....but I agree for the performance these sound like they are capable of it kind of makes it worth it.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think they'll be some available on Black Friday - or Cyber Monday...

Are stores even doing that this year??

Think so. I know it's going to be more limited though. Been a minute but the PS4's and x box ones all started pouring in like a month or so after launch. Right now the issue is all the pre-orders have taken up most of the inventory.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard load times are going to be immensely improved. That would be nice.

I have just never been one of the early adapters on the systems. Usually wait like six months or so....but I agree for the performance these sound like they are capable of it kind of makes it worth it.
Yup, I agree. I did the original xbox preorder, and it was way too damn expensive. As I recall, it was $600 bucks. But at the time, I didn't give a shit.

Played Halo all night, and had it hooked up to my stereo speakers. I was living in an apartment and the neighbors were not too pleased.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got an email from Gamestop that some will become available on their website this afternoon if any of you guys are looking for this thing and want to try. Just got it about 5 minutes ago.

@steveringo

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

XBOX SERIES X|S CONSOLE BUNDLES AVAILABLE SOON!​

LIMITED AVAILABILITY – ONLINE ONLY​

Xbox fans,

Get your index fingers warmed up, because more Xbox Series X|S console bundles will be available today – online only – at GameStop.com. This limited number of bundles will go live soon!

Be sure to clear your cart, get logged in and ready to go. And if you’re not able to get one, take heart in knowing that we’ll continue to notify you when more Xbox Series X|S consoles are available.

Also remember, for your convenience we have a wide range of payment options to help you pay for your console, games and accessories the way YOU WANT with GameStop FlexPay

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

XBOX SERIES X|S CONSOLE BUNDLES AVAILABLE SOON!​

LIMITED AVAILABILITY – ONLINE ONLY​

Xbox fans,

Get your index fingers warmed up, because more Xbox Series X|S console bundles will be available today – online only – at GameStop.com. This limited number of bundles will go live soon!

Be sure to clear your cart, get logged in and ready to go. And if you’re not able to get one, take heart in knowing that we’ll continue to notify you when more Xbox Series X|S consoles are available.

Also remember, for your convenience we have a wide range of payment options to help you pay for your console, games and accessories the way YOU WANT with GameStop FlexPay
Thanks. The bundles add other stuff - games, headsets, etc... Is that stuff worth it?

How many controllers does just the console come with?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. The bundles add other stuff - games, headsets, etc... Is that stuff worth it?

How many controllers does just the console come with?

It comes with 1 controller so you need to buy another separately. The rest depends on what you like. A lot of games need the online membership and there's a library of games to play on it-so what I've seen is usually the kids want that subscription.

The thing comes with 1 GB memory and there is a 1GB expansion card from what I see. That extra 1GB card costs $200. Insane. Is it necessary? No...but what ends up happening is if you have limited memory you have to uninstall games to install new ones. So there's that. But it is something you can get later/do without at the onset. Probably just focus on controllers/games/subscription at first then go from there?

We just bought the console alones and are working back to the rest later because our kid is getting money/gift cards for Christmas so he can do the games/accessories...