1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Xbox Series X

Discussion in 'Gamer Forum Xbox PS3 Tips, Reviews, Talk' started by DetroitDevil, Dec 14, 2019.

1. wildturkey

wildturkey Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 98,100

From the press conference today. Several games announced. Claimed "gameplay" trailers but its mostly cinematic trailers using in game engine stuff. You can watch the whole conference (27 mins) or just read the recap. I gotta say, while some of this looks impressive, I'll probably wait at least a year before getting the console. For one, I still need to get a 4k TV. And with Smart Delivery, I can play a game new game on my old console (like Valhalla) and upgrade it later on the new console if I feel like it.

Everything Microsoft Showed During Today's Xbox Series X Event

• Like Like x 1
  2. Battlelyon

Battlelyon Better luck next year

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 118

• Like Like x 2
  3. DetroitDevil

DetroitDevil Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults. Supporting Member Level 2

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,000

Unreal Engine royalties waived on first $1 million in game revenue
    Starting today, you can download and use Unreal Engine to build games for free as you always have, except now royalties are waived on your first $1 million in gross revenue. The new Unreal Engine license terms, which are retroactive to January 1, 2020, give game developers an unprecedented advantage over other engine license models. For more information, visit the FAQ.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sharkonabicycle

Sharkonabicycle Bipedal Sea Dog

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,010

ZERO reason to buy one of these if you have a gaming PC... but I understand a gaming PC that will blow PS5/XBOX out of the water is going to run you probably $900-$1,000 more... not everyone can spend that money.

It'll be PS5 (exclusives) and a PC upgrade for me in a year.

PS4 gave me Until Dawn, FF7 Remake, Last of Us, God of War, Bloodbourne, and the Uncharted series... that was worth the $400 I think I blew on the console package + games. All of those were memorable (still playing FF7).

5. Battlelyon

Battlelyon Better luck next year

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 118