• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New To Forum

Raminator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks again Retro, I have read the post and agree with it. Keeps things from getting out of hand. I am also ready to take my rightful place among the "Old Timers" er I mean "Seasoned Vets". :rollseyes:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the Forum Raminator and Mako. We're all Rams fans here, but I can see from your "favorite teams" logos that you guys are also hockey fans as well. Personally I'm glad to see some guys with mutual interests in another sport--up till now I'm one of the few hockey fans here. This is a football board, but I think we can find time for some hockey discussion on our "off-topic" thread here if you're interested. Good to have you!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good, Raminator. Love the Avatar BTW! I know you'll find this site to be a great place to discourse anything Rams and other sports. I find it to be the best on the web. Great to have you and of course you know already to jump in. We have quite a few LA people on this site. You've met Hammer, the owner of the site. VitaMike is another who lives in LA. I'll be in touch.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Boss, I am a huge and lifelong fan of the Flyers. Since we don't have room for four logos, I left the Flyers logo off. If you run down to the Flyers pages, you'll find many of my posts. The mod over there, awaz, knows me well.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Boss, I am a huge and lifelong fan of the Flyers. Since we don't have room for four logos, I left the Flyers logo off. If you run down to the Flyers pages, you'll find many of my posts. The mod over there, awaz, knows me well.

Wasn't aware of that Retro. I don't visit too many other forums. It's good to know though. We'll have to get some hockey discussion going in the off topic thread. Actually the Flyers are the only Philadelphia team I can stomach. How is it your a fan of an east coast team?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad you asked, Boss. I was born and raised in Pennsylvania. Hanover/York area. That's how I favored the Philly teams such as the Flyers and the Phillies who I got to see play in person. However, I fell in love with the Rams when I got to see them play the Eagles on T.V. and I used to save monies for the yearly publication by the NFL back then called the "ProLog". I think I saved those copies somewhere. This was back when there was just 14 teams in the league.

I also like the Lakers mainly due to following Chamberlain from Philly to the Lakers and when I left the state when I was 18, I just took my allegiances with me. I have moved 37 times since high school and have attended a number of colleges throughout the country. I did return to Pennsylvania recently to do a doctorate at Penn State (1996). I left again in 2010 for Phoenix. That is the chronology in a nut shell.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you've certainly been around Retro. Looks like you grew up not far from where I did. Was born and raised in the Reading area. Not far from York---about 1 hour drive I would guess. Never could embrace the other Philly teams though. Especially the Eagles. Hated the obnoxious fans more than the actual team though. I grew up having to endure the rhetoric and propaganda spewed forth by the Philly media and more specifically that horse's back end Don Tollefson. You're probably familiar with what I mean so need I say more.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Reading is just a stone's throw north out of York. Yea, I know about the Philly fans reps. It could ruin any guy's first impressions. I used to watch the Eagles but when I saw those horns with mainly Roman Gabriel, I was hooked for life. Then I followed big Bob Brown from the Eagles to the Rams and saw Deacon, Bernie Casey, Jack Snow, Dick Bass, MArlin McKeever, Roger Brown, and others and the rest was history. Interestingly enough, when Roman was at the end of his career he was traded and played several seasons to/for the Eagles. Good history and always fun reminescing.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the board. I haven't been here as long as others but I'm sure you'll like it here. We have a ton of cool Rams fans here.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just knowing who Roman Gabriel is gives away your age...was one of my favorite players as kid.
I think its important for all Rams fans to know of the older greats. Its a fascinating game

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a lot of knowledgeable fans here

There are many well versed Ram fans on this board. I learn a lot more on this board than the last one I posted on. As you will discover I'm more of a think with my heart kind of fan so it helps to get a dose of reality from these guy's from time to time.
Welcome :suds:

Raminator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Reading is just a stone's throw north out of York. Yea, I know about the Philly fans reps. It could ruin any guy's first impressions. I used to watch the Eagles but when I saw those horns with mainly Roman Gabriel, I was hooked for life. Then I followed big Bob Brown from the Eagles to the Rams and saw Deacon, Bernie Casey, Jack Snow, Dick Bass, MArlin McKeever, Roger Brown, and others and the rest was history. Interestingly enough, when Roman was at the end of his career he was traded and played several seasons to/for the Eagles. Good history and always fun reminescing.

WOW Retro, you are dropping some awfully big names there. Jack Snow and Bernie Casey (couple of my favorites). Now, there was some WR's you could count on. Roger Brown & Bob Brown, those were two guys that could block out the sun. How bout on defense, Ed Meador and Jack Pardee. Not many weaknesses in that secondary.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Raminator. If you hang around long enough you'll discover we discuss a lot of Rams football over the franchise's entire history because some of us started following the Rams right after they left Cleveland like BluePigPen. Blue is a prestigious member of the 50+ club and he's around. His Avi is Dick Bass.

Also, if you scroll down on the homepage list of threads you'll find one there entitled "Back in the Day". I left a post on there of my all-time favs list dating back over five decades. Check it out. It'll bring some alot of memroies I am sure.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:Welcome Raminator and Mako to SportsHoopla. It is a good site and retro and Hammer do a great job off fending off the trolls.:omg: As a 50+ member here all intelligent conversation is welcome and appreciated.:nod: Glad you guys have found us.

Raminator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Bluepigpen. I'm lovin this place already. Also, Love your avatar.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wait until everyone comes back from hiatus. It gets intense in here! In a good way tho.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Raminator and Mako!
occasion14.gif

Things have changed just a bit since a lot of us arrived from the SeeBS boards however they rolled out the welcome mat for us and this heer' is the best I can do! The official welcome mat (NSFW)

Hey Raminator: Welcome. I am the mod here. Go to the thread entitled "New Rams Fans" and click on the "last page". You'll want to read post number 437 which you'll see on the right hand side at the top of every post.

It appears your avatar may be already taken by a long standing poster "Chillipepper". I am not quite sure yet but I'll get back to you on the avatar and your elgibility to the 50+ club of which I am also the presidente. So once again, welcome to the Rams pages.
You are King, sir.

No one elected you!:lol:

Welcome to the Forum Raminator and Mako. We're all Rams fans here, but I can see from your "favorite teams" logos that you guys are also hockey fans as well. Personally I'm glad to see some guys with mutual interests in another sport--up till now I'm one of the few hockey fans here. This is a football board, but I think we can find time for some hockey discussion on our "off-topic" thread here if you're interested. Good to have you!
I know we are always debating our differences Boss so maybe you just haven't noticed my avatar of late? :noidea: I go back with the Kings to the Marcel Dion days.

just wait until everyone comes back from hiatus. It gets intense in here! In a good way tho.
We're a great group here IMHO but we are not all exactly singing kumbaya in harmony if that's what you mean jaco! :lol:

Either way, we are all pretty respectful of each others opinions here and I look forward to both of yours as well!

~ Cheers!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the 40' Willys in the avi Misko! Am I correct on the year and model (not the babes)?