• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Posting Fee Protocols almost in place...max posting fee of $20 million

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That opens things up for some teams, and closes them for others when it comes to signing Tanaka for 2014.

Yanks would almost definitely be out if they truly want to stay away from the luxury tax.

I wonder if it might open things up for a certain "desperate" west coast team????

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is posted, it would be a no-brainer for M's to max bid it. I am sure they won't be the only one to do so so then it would become a negotiation war and M's could back out at no cost at any time.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That opens things up for some teams, and closes them for others when it comes to signing Tanaka for 2014.

Yanks would almost definitely be out if they truly want to stay away from the luxury tax.

I wonder if it might open things up for a certain "desperate" west coast team????

In one way, I would say they would have an inside track. However, the info I hear is conflicting. I know their owner was Japanese, and, that they have a strong community and fanbase up there. But, I also know the owner never even went to one of their games, so, I do not know if they have any sort of "in" with Japanese baseball.

I sure do think that signing Tanaka would make A LOT more sense than signing Cano, so it is up to them to see which way they go, as I can't see at all how they would be all in for both.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is posted, it would be a no-brainer for M's to max bid it. I am sure they won't be the only one to do so so then it would become a negotiation war and M's could back out at no cost at any time.

I think this makes a lot more sense for all parties involved.

I don't see why not post it if they can back out at any time.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosenthal thinks that they will post Tanaka if he so desires.

Nice that they'll respect his wishes.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'll bet Tanaka will be posted. It's honorable that they're letting him make the choice because with all of the reports it didn't look like he would be posted anymore, probably because they feel cheated with the posting fee... Don't blame 'em.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'll bet Tanaka will be posted. It's honorable that they're letting him make the choice because with all of the reports it didn't look like he would be posted anymore, probably because they feel cheated with the posting fee... Don't blame 'em.

I don't feel that bad for them. That $20 million US is still a lot of Yen.