• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: New Orleans Pelicans vs Golden State Warriors

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right though gordontrue.

I still can't see how not one Pelican crashed the boards as Davis went to the basket for the tie in OT?

That baffled me!

No New Orleans' player was even in the post much less the paint for the put back!

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was on Monte Williams and I think he's done a good job with New Orleans til now, but he appeared to be as helpless as the fans watching the game, all he had to do was go big and not small with Asik back in the lineup. History shows if you play to other teams strengths they will beat you, Avery Johnson did the same thing against GS several years ago went small and lost the series. If you are Monte Williams you have to see this and make an adjustment and have Davis and Anderson touch the ball each time down the stretch.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Dubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happens fairly regularly in the NBA.

GSW lost the same way versus the Spurs a few years back.
They were up 16 points with 3 minutes to go and SA rallied to force OT.

It is really nothing new
With a 24 second shot clock and the 3 point shot. You can make up 10 points in about 2 minutes

With a full quarter, you can do anything.
I am not sure why teams go into "relax" mode at any point in time

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's young and has plenty of time to learn and no one seems ready to criticize him yet... but a lot of the loss goes on AD, IMO. Isn't that how it works in the NBA. The superstar gets all the credit and all the blame?

2 Free throws wins the game in regulation. And that last drive attempt was pretty bad.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono::pound::clap::D

Bwahahahahahahahahhahahahaha the Bay ain't no joke!!!!!

The Pelicans played so hard, just to lose it all in the last 5 minutes. What a shame. Welp, they know how the Clippers felt the other night when SA did the same thing to them.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, thought the Pelicans had this one wrapped up, went to bed.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happens fairly regularly in the NBA.

GSW lost the same way versus the Spurs a few years back.
They were up 16 points with 3 minutes to go and SA rallied to force OT.

It is really nothing new
With a 24 second shot clock and the 3 point shot. You can make up 10 points in about 2 minutes

With a full quarter, you can do anything.
I am not sure why teams go into "relax" mode at any point in time

I remember that. It happens with young inexperienced teams. The relaxation you mentioned then turns to panic and it can snowball.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the Pels were going to be a problem for the Dubs, they have been a matchup issue all season, even in a game AD missed. On the one hand, I'm concerned because I have yet to see the Dubs play championship caliber bball in the postseason. Otoh, they make up for it when it matters most and that takes experience and grit.

I blame inexperience more than anything for the Pelican losses.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the Pels were going to be a problem for the Dubs, they have been a matchup issue all season, even in a game AD missed. On the one hand, I'm concerned because I have yet to see the Dubs play championship caliber bball in the postseason. Otoh, they make up for it when it matters most and that takes experience and grit.

I blame inexperience more than anything for the Pelican losses.

Yep, that's what tends to happen in the playoffs. The more experienced team tends to make the plays that they need to make at the ends of quarters and at the end of the game. They just know how to respond while the inexperienced team is learning how to respond.

In the end, if they learn from it, the Pelicans will be a better team for having gone through this.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand, I'm concerned because I have yet to see the Dubs play championship caliber bball in the postseason.

:scratch:What?!?!?!?!?!?!? They've been down by double digits & then coming back to win all season. It's not considered championship caliber when a team can ralley back from that??? Every jump shooting team is going to have games when their shots are falling & games when they don't. But not all teams can ralley back to win in those situations.

Yes I agree that inexperience got the best of the Pelicans, but they didn't just hand the Warriors 20 points to put them in a winning position in the end either.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty Williams said in the post-game press conference that he told the players to take the foul on the Warriors' last possession in regulation. Some posters in here owe Coach Williams an apology.

He doesn't deserve jack. His teams have had a problem with that all year because they're poorly coached when it comes to game management. Forget about the last play. What about the one where the shot clock is turned off with 20 seconds left and he wastes 8 to 9 seconds before fouling knowing they still had another foul to give. And that's on top of all the other terrible coaching he presided over, like letting Tyreke Evans go 1 on 5 with 12 seconds left in the shot clock while your best Davis, and your hottest player Anderson, just stand around. He was terrible

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league came out today and said Curry was fouled on that three point shot from the corner. They also said Klay Thompson's foul should have been called a common foul.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league came out today and said Curry was fouled on that three point shot from the corner. They also said Klay Thompson's foul should have been called a common foul.

Why did they feel the need to come out and say that? Since they did, they need to come out after every game with miss fouls and admit it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did they feel the need to come out and say that? Since they did, they need to come out after every game with miss fouls and admit it.

They do. If you go on nba.com everything is there